What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

Me, Cortinaboy and another friend are taking his blue Marina to the Marina & Ital club Nationals next month in Loughborough, as we need to stay over for the Saturday night i said I'll look into a hotel room for us to share.

I've managed to find 3 rooms at a Ramada hotel oddly with twin beds but for only single occupancy for the massive sum of £5 each! The next cheapest room was £60! I'm fully expecting a phonecall in the morning claiming it as computer error but if it does go through then I'll be well happy!

I did have the Lamborghini poster on my wall as a teenager. Now, a few decades older I think that I'm content with appreciating the aesthetic without the pains of ownership.

I honestly can't look at those Lamborghinis without thinking they're a VW Beetle with several tonnes of Isopon and an ironing board.

The weekend I got my 944 I was thrashing through Derbyshire and came to up towards Ticknall, I was loving the speed and handling and thought I was king of the road. Then all of a sudden there were lights right up my chuff from nowhere - it was a white countach, I felt properly humbled until we got to the tight T junction which he didn't have enough turning circle to make. I floored it and he didn't catch up again until the 30 zone after swarkestone. I felt proper smug that day.

I had a grin today. My company car has been making a sloshing noise on corners and acceleration, which I put down to the fuel tank.

Except it was doing it whether the tank was empty or full. So then I found half a large bottle of spring water stolen from a hotel under the seat, so assumed it was that.

Except I binned that yesterday and it still does it.

Turns out the nearside rear door is full of water....

Social media has its uses. I replied to a post about a job. Went for interview today. Informal type,just general chat. As of Monday I will be driving a new merc sprinter with one of them curved eco roofs for a kitchen manufacturer delivering bits and bobs

Top news Bub! Nice one mate

Meeting with boss today. For the first time in 8 years they checked on my internet use for the first time. "you've gotta cut it down she said." "But I only go on Facebook at lunch and at the beginning" I said. "I've monitored the 6 biggest websites you use..... including one for err, auto...". "It's a car forum" I quickly reply. "Well, cut it down, because we want to give you a promotion...."

I love you guys and girls, but I need the cash, haha.

In all seriousness though, I don't often go on here outside of the before, lunch and end either... sigh

Social media has its uses. I replied to a post about a job. Went for interview today. Informal type,just general chat. As of Monday I will be driving a new merc sprinter with one of them curved eco roofs for a kitchen manufacturer delivering bits and bobs

Awesome news! No excuse not to have a Death Burger next time! :)

Are Sprinters still RWD? The one I used to hire drifted like a boss.

I had a grin today. My company car has been making a sloshing noise on corners and acceleration, which I put down to the fuel tank.

Except it was doing it whether the tank was empty or full. So then I found half a large bottle of spring water stolen from a hotel under the seat, so assumed it was that.

Honda Civic?

left up the rubber at th bottom and clear the mountain of shite thats blocking the drain holes