What makes you grin? Antidote to grumpy thread

outlaw118

cant help but notice in the pic of Bub's pad his reputation may have preceded him- the developers have erected a fence to stop him taking over ALL the parking! :mrgreen:

They are still building houses next door. I currently have the vectra,caravan and a trailer on the drive. Xantia has to be shoved in a spare corner. In caravan news I've replaced fuse in the in built charger,flushed water lines with cleaner and replaced brake light bulb and 7 pin plug on van along with 7 pin socket on the xantia. Need to get a regulator before Friday and a gas refill. Got ng on a merry birthday jaunt into the Derbyshire dales. Really pleased things seem to be going better

New Starter brushes and Carb rebuild kit for the AMC ordered on Saturday, arrived first thing today - pretty great service from Rockauto in the USA - and I can order and pay in pounds, pay VAT etc upfront so none of this nonsense with RM/Customs charges.  Well 'appy. 

New Starter brushes and Carb rebuild kit for the AMC ordered on Saturday, arrived first thing today - pretty great service from Rockauto in the USA - and I can order and pay in pounds, pay VAT etc upfront so none of this nonsense with RM/Customs charges.  Well 'appy. 

Rockauto are great.   Are you on their email list?   They send out an email when items for your cars are on clearance.  

I just got a load of things like filters and wiper blades for silly money like $1.17 each.  

I have won a car roller on ebay, should make procrastinating about what to do next more comfortable :)

attachicon.gifCar tilter roller 3.JPG

Only down side is it in Wythenshawe in Manchester!

This could take a bit of juggling stuff!

What's the reasonable limit for these things? I have an old MercSE (1500kg ish) and a BMW e39 Touring (1825kg ish). Are they safe for those or just a step too far?

i drive the van at work (unlike eddy its not cakes or buns :lol: )

they wanted to send me and the other gadge on it - we do fuck all sales wise and if the customer doesnt get what he wants he rings the depot

on a sales course

what the fuck for we dont carry stuff to sell around and we dont have the parts knowledge like the guys on the phones have - two have been there 20+ years

they sent workmate on the course in feb and said yeah next time it comes up you get a go

since then the supervisor left and it got forgot about

went in this morning

'why are you not at preston'

what for?

'the course was today'

really?

why you no tell me :lol:

this was at 930 this morning - 90 secs before i was due to leave to go on a run :lol:

sacked it off and they said right you can go tomorrow to do the other half of the course

came back this afternoon and they said theyve cancelled it - most of it was today and the depot boss said sorry its his fault :lol:

he did ok my holiday id put in tho :lol:

madness  -  wonder when itll be

$_12.JPG

I've discovered if you bang the above on evilbay at a tenner people actually buy them. This is most pleasing given I've got a pile of the bastards that's about a cubic meter in size.

There is a slight grump though, it attracts idiots too.

Ask seller a stupid question: What are they made out of? Is it similar to genuine pool balls?

Er, pool ball stuff, for they are genuine pool balls.

Followed by, have you got a box of 16 black 8 balls for £10?

GTF!

Doing well here today,first the Catalina then just had an Bell-Boeing MV-22B Osprey,very low,very slow in tilted configeration.

Seems to be going to Isle of dogs then Gravesend.

First one i have seen.

attachicon.gif2157448.jpg

Cheers Dave! I spotted it heading over Upminster earlier - 4ish - bloody noisy thing too!

i drive the van at work (unlike eddy its not cakes or buns :lol: )

they wanted to send me and the other gadge on it - we do fuck all sales wise and if the customer doesnt get what he wants he rings the depot

on a sales course

what the fuck for we dont carry stuff to sell around and we dont have the parts knowledge like the guys on the phones have - two have been there 20+ years

they sent workmate on the course in feb and said yeah next time it comes up you get a go

since then the supervisor left and it got forgot about

went in this morning

'why are you not at preston'

what for?

'the course was today'

really?

why you no tell me :lol:

this was at 930 this morning - 90 secs before i was due to leave to go on a run :lol:

sacked it off and they said right you can go tomorrow to do the other half of the course

came back this afternoon and they said theyve cancelled it - most of it was today and the depot boss said sorry its his fault :lol:

he did ok my holiday id put in tho :lol:

madness - wonder when itll be

We did quite a few sales courses etc in Dinnington near Sheffield at my old job. I did an ADR course, failed it on one question and had to drive all the way there to circle something with a pen then come back again!

I spent yesterday afternoon giving the mazda a long overdue service, oil, filters, plugs etc. while it was up on the ramps, I changed the gearbox oil which, although only being a year old, was minging. When refilling, I managed to spill some onto the heat wrapped exhaust manifold :(

once the car was all back together, I drove round the corner to fill her up with fuel. By the time I'd reached the pump, there was an unhealthy amount of smoke seeping out of the bonnet, much to the horror of the lady at the next pump. when I opened the bonnet for a better look, it all got too much for her - she finished her fuelling super fast and left with a squeal of tyres !

I bought a fandango telly-visual box thing yesterday. Android something and I now have loads of new film channels, Sky sports, Sky films, al sorts... I watched the Minions, Ted 2, the Revenant and then the Martian back to back yesterday.

it is jolly good and ideal for a crippled old git like me who cannot always get out and about.

Doing well here today,first the Catalina then just had an Bell-Boeing MV-22B Osprey,very low,very slow in tilted configeration.

Seems to be going to Isle of dogs then Gravesend.

First one i have seen.

attachicon.gif2157448.jpg

Have them fly over here at night: the rotors have green lights on the tips which make a fabulous helical/ persistance of vision effect, very impressive. Sometimes these lights are off but there is no mistaking what they are even if they can't be seen at all, nothing else sounds like a V22.

Making me grin tonight is Ray Wilson. Never heard of him? I wouldn't be surprised as he was the guy who had the impossible task of replacing Phil Collins in Genesis and released only one moderately successful album with them before fading back into obscurity. My copy of his 'Genesis Classic' live album arrived today from his online shop in Poland and it's utterly fantastic, an improbable but brilliant combination of Genesis hits with a string quartet that sounds far better than might be expected.