Edinburgh Multis demolition reveals chod.

Skut

I'm going to be cynical and say that it might be entirely unrelated arson (there are always people who just want to set fire to things) which turns out to be convenient.

It's kinda amusing that we're living in an age where your view can be ascribed as the 'cynical' one... although fair enough, maybe I am somewhat biased - I come from a town where an absolutely staggering number of historic listed buildings have mysteriously burned to the ground, often mere days after planning applications have been turned down.

Twats do indeed set fire to some very random things for the craic; and I think previous photos show that the Uno behind the Maestro in the piccie was missing its passenger window - so agreed, it's not beyond the realms of possibility that a stray spark from cutting work above found its way onto the carpet, with rather lively results...

It's kinda amusing that we're living in an age where your view can be ascribed as the 'cynical' one... although fair enough, maybe I am somewhat biased - I come from a town where an absolutely staggering number of historic listed buildings have mysteriously burned to the ground, often mere days after planning applications have been turned down.....

...and that's before you count in the, er, "ceremonial" bonfires that seem to take place at certain times of the year. I think one of them managed to set fire to nearby houses once.

Maybe someone didn't turn off the electrical system which then arc'd and caught them alight when the demolition crew caught it nearby. It's going to be more hazardous work removing burnt out cars than if they weren't. Easiest way to get them out would have been with the grabber to just grab it and throw it out with the rest of the metal work, not burning them.

^^^ From what I gather, the eight cars left in the multi included two Unos, two Maestros, a Volvo estate, a Lada of some description, and two other unspecified vehicles.

If reports are true that they were just a bunch of random worthless wrecks picked up from a scrappy to use as test cars for the machinery, then I suppose it's likely they could be going back there... one each of the Unos and Maestros appear to have become toast today, anyway.

Easiest way to get them out would have been with the grabber to just grab it and throw it out with the rest of the metal work, not burning them.

This. There's no way that the demolition crew would have set fire to them.. they are now more of a hazard to move and the paperwork that will be needed to be completed will be causing someone somewhere a bit of a headache. Blatantly arson.

Also, having sat for 15 years, any pez in them would be utterly stale, so the chances of them "just catching fire" are pretty low.

• 1 year later...