Youtube moments

Volksy

Doug does Jay Leno's F1, but Jay doesn't let him drive it...

Just watched the video through

and id be lying if I said I was not making invacar comparisons throughout LOL

front hatch that is only for mechanical bits and not for storage? check :)

rear/mid engined? check :)

adjusted to the specific users needs? check :)

Center driving position for optimal weight distribution and driving position? check  :mrgreen: (and you can squeeze 2 people either side the driver in a Model 70 if you really wanted too LOL)

and in the case of the Mk12, there are substantially fewer known surviving Mk12s then there are F1s 

and Model 70 can probably go faster* then a F1 anyway

*in reverse

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osVMHq3OhQI

Some Finnish car ads from the 60´s and 70's. Brands covered include Volga, Skoda (rally action!), Audi (shady bloke feeling cold and uncomfortable), Moskvitsh, Peugeot, Wartburg, Neckar, P70 Zwickau (they drive over one of the plastic doors to highlight its flexibility) and Saab (with emphasis on windscreen wipers and lamp washers in dreary conditions).

Moar hot ADO16 action as BMC's press fleet causes havoc in Swingin' Lahndan....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHmVXfKdFgM

so back then it was ADO wankers instead of Audi wankers

not looking good for SiC is it...  :mrgreen:

(also love how even back then they put the person in sun glasses to make him look like a douche...)

^ I deleted my post from half an hour ago as when I tried to do what I'd explained in the text it didn't work !.

(Basically, it was to show Mercrocker how to post direct access to vids).

The way which usually works for me, using only an Android tablet, is to copy & paste the entire youtube address, then strip the first bit down to just

https://youtu.be/

with the dot added in "youtu.be" then put the last bit of the copied address, which in Mercrocker's case was

IHmVXfKdFgM

Sorry, chief, I have enough trouble just right-clicking on my laptop.  I still have no idea what an Android is.  I will get there one day.   Never doing electric handbrakes, though.....

Check out the Toshiba neoballs lighting the shop front  :mrgreen:

I had heard that wimpy used them, but had never seen an actual photo of them in use

(they where an early form of compact fluorescent lamp, sorta competing with the Philips SL lamp, quite rare these days as they where not that popular when new)

Toshiba-16w-Neo-Ball-Fluorescent-Lamp.jp

100_2969.JPG