Youtube moments

Volksy

56 minutes ago, egg said:

Makes you wonder why anyone would buy a Gordon Murray or Lotus Evija instead (well I know why, as they're investments for the super rich, but just from a car perspective)

Depends what you want.

That McMurty thing is horrible to look at. It’s like they took a McLaren to the EuroNCAP boys for a side impact test, liked how it looked and released it as a car.

The Gordon Murray one is a drivers car. A fucking NA V12? Keep the turbos when you have that orchestra behind you.

But then people want their faces peeled off for fun so want all the speed.

51 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

Depends what you want.

Indeed, I guess it's interesting there are enough mega wealthy people who need these kind of choices.  Don't get me wrong, I like the ethos of GMA cars a lot, I just think the styling on the T50/T33 is a bit bland compared to some his earlier work, a bit like (and you'd appreciate this) The Manics most recent album v Generation Terrorists ;-)

1 hour ago, egg said:

Indeed, I guess it's interesting there are enough mega wealthy people who need these kind of choices.  Don't get me wrong, I like the ethos of GMA cars a lot, I just think the styling on the T50/T33 is a bit bland compared to some his earlier work, a bit like (and you'd appreciate this) The Manics most recent album v Generation Terrorists ;-)

See I’m an oddity, I think Know Your Enemy is their best work.

The styling is bland but it’s a throwback to the 90’s when aerodynamics meant curves. Not this Germanic fetish of sharp angular edges

On 5/20/2023 at 6:26 PM, egg said:

Good stuff in this vid, story in this that someone drove Route 66 in this Velorex! Guy who appears also seems to hold the Honda Insight mpg record?! Also Morris Minors featured.

They did ..... No English available. Route 66 Velorexem (2008)

After watching @dollywobbler/Hubnut recent trip to the Netherlands YT suggested these 2 videos of a Oldtimer rally in NL. It took place the weekend after Elk Merk Waardig.

Elfsteden Oldtimer Rally. Some vehicles may be too old to interest some of you. I could not find the cut of date for vehicles which are eligible for this run. Maybe there is not one.

On 5/12/2023 at 11:08 AM, leafsprung said:

OK, not in the least bit autoshite but the performance of this thing is something to see. Oh, and the newer version they're working on improves cornering by 25%. Jesus H.

Incredible.

How to drive, by the US military.  It features such essentials as advanced paranoia, a J turn that Jim Rockford would ridicule and how to do a handbrake turn (bootlegger turn as they call it) with a foot operated parking brake.

Considering what Saturday evening television was churning out at the time in America, the “action” driving is woeful 😀

Anyone watch 'Car UK'? I have really enjoyed watching this chap making his living buying, doing up and selling the kind of chod that we frequently see in our own for sale section. He's gradually moving into  filming his day at an auction house and away from running his MOT business.   He also appreciates Saabs and Rovers so I subbed!

21 hours ago, Split_Pin said:

This is currently my favourite channel. The guy has got a great personality and is 100% an A grade shiter.

Reminds me of my mates dad, 50 years ago. Always with a rollie in his hand, could get anything started within minutes.

A dying breed of mechanic