Youtube moments

Volksy

I've just been watching My Life in Film on youtube as the BBC won't stream it for some reason. 

Was one of my favourite shows when it was (briefly) on. 

Definitely worth a watch if you've not seen it before.

I have to say, when I first watched it, I had no idea what it was meant to be parodying and enjoyed the story unfolding, which you can't do when watching it on YouTube as its got the titles on the name but it's still a great programme IMO. However, its normally quite obvious what it is from pretty early on anyhow. 

One of the ones I never understood why it never had more series. 

2 minutes ago, egg said:

Bloody love this, it's so jolly - I'm relaxing.

I just thought when they were in the back of the camper that, even with the roof pushed up, I’d fill that box on my own.

21 minutes ago, St.Jude said:

I just thought when they were in the back of the camper that, even with the roof pushed up, I’d fill that box on my own.

Indeed. I liked the bit at the end when they said people lived in them full time and they spun that as a positive ;-)

On 04/07/2022 at 22:03, JakeT said:

I’m sure someone has posted this before, but what a time. When all of the stuff isn’t hat was old bollocks, and not a blue chip classic. Capital 95.8 before it became awful, too.

good lord that was one hell of a trip down early memory lane for me! 

I was born about a month after that was shot, and my mum had a job at the time and for a few years after, which meant pretty much from Day 1 I was dragged all around Central London, so I have quite a few early memories of a lot of the locations visited in that video!

(single Mother of 3 so had no choice but to take me along!)

so many things I could comment on, like I had forgotten just how many Mercedes Vans of @Zelandeth's type used to be about, but reaffirmed my memory of C15's being everywhere and lots of Car derived vans in general

all the things that have changed that I remember/still think as normal but are no longer, and all the things that are still the same

it was also fun seeing all the pre low floor buses on familiar routes, which is something that I was too young to remember

by the time of my earliest Memories (2003~), it was Routemasters and ALX400's for me, nothing in between, as the local/most frequently used bus routes here was the  55 48 26, 38 and 73

so I remember the RMLs on the 38 and 73 (as well as going about their business on other central routes) but by the time I had started retaining memories, all the other Routes like the 48 55 and 26 where already on ALX400's 

On 08/07/2022 at 18:52, ETCHY said:

Not sure if posted before?

Invacar alert !

Thats a Tippen Delta not an Invacar! :) amusingly registered 329BHP, amusing as it has a 8Hp Villiers engine...

(quite amusingly quite a few Delta's ended up with xxxxHP and xxxBHP registration marks, as HP was a Coventry Location marker, and Coventry is where they where built and registered)

3 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

as the local/most frequently used bus routes here was the  55 48 26, 38

I really like the 38, if you come in to London from Kent (i.e. Victoria), I much prefer getting to West End kind of areas by bus than on the tube.

Anyway...

It's impossible to make a 36 minute video about the Aston Martin* Cygnet.

Doug: hold my beer

"New" song from the Manic Street Preachers, video shot on Super8 film containing lots of period chod.

Story is Kieran Evans who directed it was given the films by his aunt who's in the film, and it was from their travels across Europe. A really cool video I think.

1 hour ago, St.Jude said:

"New" song from the Manic Street Preachers, video shot on Super8 film containing lots of period chod.

Story is Kieran Evans who directed it was given the films by his aunt who's in the film, and it was from their travels across Europe. A really cool video I think.

Great thanks for the heads up on this track.

Oh no A three wheeler at

Bloody clever those Belgiums driving at speed, backwards.