Youtube moments

Volksy

6 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

That looks like a 6-valve one to me judging by the lack of red lettering on the boot badge (see attached pic). Making it the base-of-the-base Classic. All of them had A/C as standard at that time which is rather snazzy IMO. :)

20220204_090925.thumb.jpg.faa45f5b10b445a1d37ecd5ed147baa0.jpg

My head touches the ceiling in the back of my car at 5'11 as well. Good job I'm the driver. Haha.

8 minutes ago, ProgRocker said:

Even has an air conditioned glovebox and a rev counter, despite the row of blanking plugs. Impressive. ^_^

The spec, even for the most basic model we got here was quite reasonable. The Classic always had PAS, immobiliser and a driver's airbag standard. Most had ABS as a ticked option too IIRC.

Post-facelift even got you a passenger airbag as standard on all models. The blanking plugs could be used for heated seats (standard fit on Elegance), ASR (standard on 1.4 16v 100, 1.9 TDIs etc), ESP (vRS option), passenger airbag disable switch (option). Additionally, you could get some nice options for most models (cruise on all except 54hp) but it could still be retrofitted to most models anyway.

However, if you really want bASe then you want to have a nosey at the Fabia 'Junior' from the Eastern European markets. :)

I'd love a Junior...

fabia_36a.jpg