Youtube moments

Volksy

On 1/5/2022 at 12:50 AM, warren t claim said:

This raises a couple of questions.

Was John Wayne really a talented enough driver to chuck a RHD manual Capri around that rooftop?

Did they use the Capri as a camera car for the chase scene? 

From what I remember, you didn’t need to go very fast to make a Capri look lairy.  Leave it in second gear and 25mph was probably enough.

Even if something went badly wrong all The Duke had to do was mash the brake pedal and it would slither to a sideways halt in a few yards.

I’m only guessing about the camera car for the chase scene but I’d say no - there’s no need to use something where fixing the camera would be a pain, they’d use a regular camera car with all the tie-down points on it.

This is the chase sequence from Thunderball in 1965

image.thumb.jpeg.bbcfb9e424617c53ce85eafa1ac0c775.jpeg

And here’s the camera car, looks like a mid ‘20s Rolls Royce hearse?

image.thumb.jpeg.67ea4895a3de5857e2983da6edf4d6e4.jpeg

So I think they’d use what was convenient for camera fixtures.

Not car related.

An hour long story about The background of the Planet of the Apes film. It is long but it is, for me, an intriguing story.

If you liked then then there is a follow up. A look at the Planet of the Apes, made by the same YouTuber.

Rainman Ray's Repairs - been getting into this as he is a pro mechanic and usually explains well what he is up to and manages to get the camera on it.

This IIRC is part of a repair where you need 10.8 hours work to replace a $20 component. Can't not do it either as the fault is the sensor keeps telling the air con it is 130F which makes the air con run flat out. This had previously damaged the air con system. Amusingly, his thermometer showing the inside temp prior to the fix, shows the air con achieving 14F.

23 hours ago, chaseracer said:

Reminds me I need to catch up on that. Think I last watched it when he cut various bits of the Ford up to put it on the Mazda.

On 1/15/2022 at 9:09 PM, ProgRocker said:

Peugeot in the USA. Or Poojoe, as they pronouce it. 

Could be worse. Could be Ireland where they call it "Pe-yew-joe".

4 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Reminds me I need to catch up on that. Think I last watched it when he cut various bits of the Ford up to put it on the Mazda.

Could be worse. Could be Ireland where they call it "Pe-yew-joe".

Or as I have heard in England Per-got. :unsure:

Moving on....  Leylands of Jamaica (Trucks with a  musical note)

On 1/15/2022 at 11:05 PM, Aston Martin said:

Fuck me.

That van just appears..... Then disappears.

I rode to Czechia, and used a lot of sections of unrestricted autobahn early in the morning. On a 125 twist'n go scooter, flat out it did 60mph. It was the reverse effect of the Chiron.