Youtube moments

Volksy

18 hours ago, Datsuncog said:

Only just learned that @R9UKE of this parish has made the move from full-time Renault-fondler to becoming a media mogul.

Excellent commentary, and some top chod content too.

740/10, WUD REKOMMEND.

These are great I hope he gets the audience it deserves . 

1 hour ago, JimH said:

Meanwhile at the other end of the market here is a rather splendid sounding mule.

The sounds at 2:15 remind me of my Scirocco with its home converter 1.6TD 79bhp German powerhouse of a motor.

The Cosworth V12 starting to wail is very reminiscent of the old diesel plodder as it determinedly and single mindedly heads towards its 4,600 max rpm.  The Bosch VE pump doing its thing with just a light sweating  from the throttle spindle.  The turbo glowing cherry red providing boost unknown whilst also gently rustproofing the bulkhead and innards of the inter cooler.  The light haze of smoke coming out the back of the 1.75” bosal mild steel musical instrument of an exhaust making me feel like hot shit.  Everything I’ve ever dreamt of and more basically.

1 minute ago, Dick Longbridge said:

Hooked for the entire 20 minutes. Everything about that is just perfect. 

At the end I was worried they weren't going to actually show it working but it was brilliant. I'd have been equally happy if it had just fallen apart and they'd thrown it against the wall though. In fact I'd have probably related to that better.

Just now, HillmanImp said:

At the end I was worried they weren't going to actually show it working but it was brilliant. 

Ditto. As soon as the notes at the bottom of the screen started appearing and there had been no testing of the finished article, I felt cheated. 

However, the testing which followed certainly didn't disappoint.

Years ago we had people that had skills to do this sort of thing ,then people with power said nah more profitable to get rid & just buy a new one,then when the profits still weren't enough the shipped the manufacturing abroad, then when that was no longer deemed to give enough profit, we then kids ended up with China!

But don't worry it's all the consumers fault.

11 hours ago, sheffcortinacentre said:

Years ago we had people that had skills to do this sort of thing ,then people with power said nah more profitable to get rid & just buy a new one,then when the profits still weren't enough the shipped the manufacturing abroad, then when that was no longer deemed to give enough profit, we then kids ended up with China!

But don't worry it's all the consumers fault.

To be fair I'm quite glad that there's no one around to re-tread tyres like that and force you to buy new ones. 

20 minutes ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Opening credits from the film "Taxi" (the French original). Great music, great bolts attached to the scooter, great dismount.

https://youtu.be/KVeZYCjnkSc

I've always wanted a white Peugeot 406 on TSW Imola wheels ever since this film. You can keep the daft bumpers and scoops, just those iconic wheels on one of the best looking Pug saloons of the 90's

1 hour ago, Dippy said:

A video of my most recent restoration  with some time lapse footage of assembly and 70’s music if you want to waste 10 minutes when you should be working.

I'd gladly waste 10 hours watching how that was done if I'm honest.