Youtube moments

Volksy

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

I really do not like this guy. His "fake" laughing at things.  Very irritating. His Remspoor score is zero.

Here is an answer to a car review DdeM done on the Volga.

I took him to task on that review. I'll have to watch this.

So I watched it, I just want to kick the living shite out of that daft yankie prick.

The Russian chap is far more level headed than what I would've been. Interesting though that the guy doesn't mention the morphine you'd get with the first aid kits. 

Chap I bought a disassembled Niva gearbox from was telling me about the first aid kits that you'd get with the Lada, and there would be sachets of morphine in them. He had a first aid kit but he sold it the day before I got there to a retired Met police chap who wanted the first aid kit with the morphine complete!

But yeah, well done that russian man for laying the smack down to the rubber faced prick.

Here's the thing, Doug does like shite cars like we do, but he has 4m subs so has to pretend it's all a big laugh that these cars are so shit not shite. I'd say he needs a second channel to review the chod on, but he already has three if you include carsandbids.

I tried to watch his review on the Fiat  Miltipla.  I like the car and it's boldness, just like the C6 and a few others. However, I could not do more than when he started laughing at the  interior quirks. It is as if he does not understand what the use of any part of a car is.

16 hours ago, egg said:

Here's the thing, Doug does like shite cars like we do, but he has 4m subs so has to pretend it's all a big laugh that these cars are so shit not shite. I'd say he needs a second channel to review the chod on, but he already has three if you include carsandbids.

4 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

I tried to watch his review on the Fiat  Miltipla.  I like the car and it's boldness, just like the C6 and a few others. However, I could not do more than when he started laughing at the  interior quirks. It is as if he does not understand what the use of any part of a car is.

This is the point. He has 4 million subs but I'd wager a lot of them are drawn in to the exotica rather than the oddities. However, I don't think he's capable of making a joke out of an oddity without it coming across as forced. 

Only thing I can compare it to is how Roy Keane described Henderson's inclusion in to the England squad as he was injured. Southgate said he added to the team, and Keane - straight faced - asked what did he contribute to the squad? Card games? It was cutting, and it was funny, but it was done in a position of knowing the full facts. Doug though just points and laughs at it as much to say "look at these idiots, what idiot did this? i mean why?!". 

More Peewee Herman than Quentin Wilson really. 

I lived in Russia (St. Petersburg) for a while, and can say that First Aid kits are essential. Our 8th floor flat was in a fairly quiet area and over looked the crossroads to the flats and a main road.

I don't think a week went by without a nasty crash, many at speed, especially in the winter when snow covered up the road markings.

I saw more than enough people being bandaged up by their wreck to know carrying even a basic first aid kit is worthwhile. Especially when ambulance and police took about 20 minutes to arrive on scene.

You have to call the police if you have even a tiny collision, or at least did when I was there. Russian driver all think they are highly skilled, but I beg to differ on that.

Sorry but that football analogy is lost on me. Along with Drug Doug and footballisters. 😁

2 hours ago, Jerzy Woking said:

Russian driver all think they are highly skilled, but I beg to differ on that.

And the world of dash cams would agree with you.

I prefer this sort of review of a Russian vehicle.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:02 PM, Austat said:

Dutch guy travels around the Chernobyl area in his AS livery (brown with beige interior) DAF 44:

A very interesting watch, he goes to the famous "woodpecker" transmission station.

I watched some more from this channel. Most are in Dutch, but those guys are quite haphazard when it comes to repairs. Still enjoyable with some touches of humour too.

On 8/3/2021 at 9:06 AM, JeeExEll said:

Maybe posted elsewhere, haven't looked.  Car was parked on farmer's road.  'Gerroff moi laaaand'.  Car's fucked now anyway.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9659643/Get-CAR-land-Moment-farmer-uses-DIGGER-flip-vehicle-blocking-gate.html

Fuck! It seems the more agressive the chap in shorts was, the more damage was done to his jam jar. And as for attacking the crane; well that was fucking stupid. Not surprised he got hit by the boom. Zero sym.... Sy... Ummmm... Can't write that 'S' word... 😂

Edited by Leyland Worldmaster
Preductuve ficking toxt.

Brian May re-released Back To The Light over the weekend, and I forgot completely about the album. Haven't listened to it in years.

Then I was further reminded, by the ever so fucking awesome "Driven By You" song, that he did this:

With that version on the album. For some reason.