Youtube moments

Volksy

7 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I very much enjoyed this! love that the Lada Niva is back in the UK in some sort of semi-official capacity

lovely "late registration madness" with the 21 plate :) 

if only I had the means to buy one!

its interesting too looking at it on the DVLA checker online shows no CO2 rating, so that means it goes by Pre 2001 Tax rates from what I understand

which gets around any potentially crippling road tax issues :) 

perhaps  solution for @Zelandeth until he can afford a Tesla? I mean its got Power steering now so the rest of the household should be able to manage it right? :) 

(I just want to see someone on here buy a new Nivia, or UAZ 452 or 469 LOL)

Interesting end to that video!

9 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I very much enjoyed this! love that the Lada Niva is back in the UK in some sort of semi-official capacity

its interesting too looking at it on the DVLA checker online shows no CO2 rating, so that means it goes by Pre 2001 Tax rates from what I understand

perhaps  solution for @Zelandeth until he can afford a Tesla? I mean its got Power steering now so the rest of the household should be able to manage it right? :) 

From what I've seen by the crowd importing these, it doesn't go by pre-2001 tax rates and these are (somehow) ULEZ compliant.

I think though that if you're going through these people is that you have to do the whole type approval thingymabob yourself (they'll help you of course). So you need to fit the fogs and do all the other stuff to get DVSA approval.

That said, for £13,000 you can't go wrong.

Although you can, as these Niva's are end of life and use thinner steel than the older ones.

Which I still want.

21 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

One up man ship?

Driving a VAZ-2121 across the USA.

Eventually to be converted to run on electrons.

Full list of vids on this and an interesting project from many years ago. https://www.youtube.com/c/KiwiEVadventures/videos

and the official Lada website covering Spain. mmm 5 door.

https://www.lada.es/

Rust Removal with... Salt & Vinegar.

I had watched Edd China's video on restoring his fuel tank, he tried vinegar on it's own and it didn't seem to do anything. I had did it before on the Corolla using salt & vinegar and it worked wonders. So I made a video about it. You might find it interesting with your tank @Remspoor!

What's the modern equivalent to this?  Sadly I don't think there is one. 

The rather basic 1972-75 Consul 3000GT / Granada 3000S were similar concepts.

Ford missed a trick there by not offering a Mk2 1600E or 1600GT with twin 40 side-draught Webers from new, (although many would have been converted later in the 70s).

7 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Rust Removal with... Salt & Vinegar.

I had watched Edd China's video on restoring his fuel tank, he tried vinegar on it's own and it didn't seem to do anything. I had did it before on the Corolla using salt & vinegar and it worked wonders. So I made a video about it. You might find it interesting with your tank @Remspoor!

Too late. The tank is back in coated with that paint waiting for some petrol. I have photos of the last bit but I have not got around from downloading them from the phone.

Off to watch the video to see how you get on.

24 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

Too late. The tank is back in coated with that paint waiting for some petrol. I have photos of the last bit but I have not got around from downloading them from the phone.

Off to watch the video to see how you get on.

You know for your next fuel tank at least 😂

A summary of a Frenchman purchasing and putting back on the road a  Aston Martin DB7 V12. Turn the subtitles on. There is not talking but these explain what is happening

The playlist of this adventure is made up with 17 videos.

Episode 5 he goes to the UK to pick up an engine. The engines was being sold by a car collector/garage owner. Evidently this guy never sells cars to collectors :unsure: Yer pull the other one it has bells on.

This series is subtitled, but English is on auto translate.