Youtube moments

Volksy

28 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

The scientific guy was fantastic. 101 and still going strong. One of my fav. YT videos for some time. (sorry to all the content makers on this forum)

Agreed - still absolutely pin sharp at 101, what a brilliant bloke. 

I couldn't believe it when Tom went "...so, I asked him"! 

52 minutes ago, CreepingJesus said:

Been watching some of those as they come up, fantastic viewing because it's the very epitome of amateur sport for the sake of it. Some weird and wonderful entrants too, and the old school 'specials' are always fascinating.

Excellent stuff. I was wondering how much concrete can be poured in to the two spare tyres strapped to the boot of a few cars.

I used to do Production Car Trials. Nothing so extreme as this. Either we had a play in the fields of a willing farmer or we would take to the green lanes of Wiltshire and Dorset. I used to take my MG B* to where it was never designed to go and loved it. 

* Low  ground clearance and the widest road tyres I could fit never helped me win a trail.

Here is one of the Kimber trail.

This is where the video of the trial really starts.

https://youtu.be/iJefzPYF4R0?t=250

The famous river was a bugger, especially for the likes of the A's and B's. The year of this video it looks as if the water is not so deep.

That section is at this link. https://youtu.be/iJefzPYF4R0?t=528

1960 Finland. Helsinki Auto Show

Small sections of Finish cometary and some crap music covering most. The street scenes, at the end, are interesting. Plus there is a car with a square steering wheel. Just to prove the Allegro was not a trend setter.

23 hours ago, St.Jude said:

Lovely HST tribute

It really is. Thanks very much for sharing. My first HST Journey was on the MML. Still the "Swallow" livery and smoking carriage at that time. The torquise and fawn MML livery was just coming in. 

I used them to get to Leicester for an apprenticeship. 

Happy days. Great memories. Let's remember at the time of writing, there are still some in service! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

14 hours ago, Leyland Worldmaster said:

It really is. Thanks very much for sharing. My first HST Journey was on the MML. Still the "Swallow" livery and smoking carriage at that time. The torquise and fawn MML livery was just coming in. 

I used them to get to Leicester for an apprenticeship. 

Happy days. Great memories. Let's remember at the time of writing, there are still some in service! 👍 👍 👍 😎 😎 😎 

I think I've only ever been on one, and as a kid I always thought they were ugly when compared to the Intercity 225. Although I am biased, as I was given an Intercity 225 train set for my 5th birthday.

Now I'm older, less wiser, I understand now how utterly great they were for what was essentially a stop gap.