Youtube moments

Volksy

3 hours ago, Marina door handles said:

Am I a bad person for liking this?

I know the guy who owns this and he does indeed use it for work, whilst all the other guys who do his job use modern utes or 4x4 SUVs. He's a very switched on chap and actually a lot more laid back than he comes across on video.  He wears a lot of orange hi-viz as work clothing, hence the orange bits on the car. Overall, there's barely a thing I'd change on it. The Morris hub caps aren't used on the Vitara wheels any more, so perhaps a slightly older styled rim wouldn't go amiss. I've not seen it on the black wheels or with the winch attached, so that must be the weekend spec.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:18 PM, louiepj said:

Car Thieves Documentary, plenty of chod

Funnily enough this popped into my YouTube feed independently today. I came here to share it with others but can see it’s already been identified! I don’t know how the YouTube algorithm works, but I can only hope that it’s us chod-botherers that have dredged this up. 👌

On 2/15/2021 at 11:02 PM, Marina door handles said:

Have we had this yet? a couple of Scotsman scratch build a Lotus 7 type car from the remains of a mk2 MX5, really good stuff IMO.

excellent - the stripping of the mazda brought back such happy* memories for me !

I like their attitude, not taking things too seriously but still doing good work - both entertaining and informative. regulars up at Knockhill too, any of the scotoshiters know them ? 

having watched up to episode 12 and the chassis is still not finished, I'm rather pleased that I chose the Exocet kit for my own build :)  

5 hours ago, Surface Rust said:

We must have had this by now, but I can't find it. Some proper characters* in this and a Hyundai Scoupe I find very appealing.

I watched this the other day. If you google the fella who sold the dodgy Renault 21, you’ll see he continued to have a very colourful relationship with the truth.

I also ended up watching the full series of X Cars from 1997 (Manchester police car crime fellas, I remember watching this when I was about 10!) which was utterly chodtastic, back when everything could be stolen with a screwdriver. Did any Ford XR/Vauxhall GTE actually make it through the 90s without a bit of joyriding action?

45 minutes ago, J-T said:

back when everything could be stolen with a screwdriver.

Watching this channel (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFBNOGFf1p_soBvDk9Ov7gg/videos)
His videotape recordings of the Merseyside firefighters feature lots of chod including an A plate Maestro which has a petrol explosion and many other cars being burnt out after a joyride. One episode contains this fine vehicle:
image.png.1496f4ff21119f491a22da212ebafecf.png
Missing doors and belonged to Ellsmere Port's mayor. Firefighters visited it in the afternoon and the engine was running. That evening, it gets burnt out!

On 11/13/2017 at 3:16 PM, Talbot said:

Possibly been on before, but some quality motorway policing from when officers drove 2-door range rovers, there were gaps in the central reservation, and a crashed E-type jag wasn't a big thing.

This just appeared on my front page and I came to post it here only to find it had already been done. If you haven't watched this then I recommend you do if only for the important lesson that a documentary does not necessarily have to involve a bloody stupid voice over.

Fave moment was the German/Yorkshire translator.

9 minutes ago, R1152 said:

Bloke in a Mk. IV Zephyr at

Can you imagine the exchange now? Some "citizen journalist" filming the harassment on his mobile to put on FaceTwat later?

That video is fascinating. Particularly it's a part of the country where we attended to RTCs up on the rough bits of the M62. 

Those lads are seriously brave, out on open lanes waving down traffic.  Far cry from the fending off position we take, walking facing traffic (difficult when you've to walk with the traffic, you kinda walk backwards) and wiating for highways to change the signs. 

I've also held off on entering the motorway as we were first on scene, heavy fog, holding at the Denshaw slip road waiting for a fire engine to enter with us as live lanes without a bloody big fire engine just makes me feel a bit unsafe. 

Different times altogether.