Youtube moments

Volksy

8 hours ago, bunglebus said:

But...why? 

339k views. Channel exposure to get more subs. All increases revenue etc.

It's just an advertising cost. It SHOULD pay for itself quickly then have continued benefits later.

$0.18 x 339000 is $61k, don't know how much that car was but you get the idea. 

I personally don't like it but it is what it is,

Screenshot_20200829-043636_Google.jpg

Screenshot_20200829-043643_Calculator.jpg

4 hours ago, JimH said:

While getting dewy eyed over bits of Jackanory I came across this bit of telly I'd not seen at the time. Not only is it quite funny in a Happy Shopper Python sort of a way there is no shortage of chod to spot.

There are some funnier ones with Rik. Rik Mayall, Jackanory, The Fwog Pwince the Twuth. 3 parts.

I've been watching a lot of this guy lately. He restored a total basket case SD1 police car a few years ago on retro ride and is restoring various things including rover 200 with a t series and an SD1 diesel.

Its very raw but he's got skills using the same basic tools as you or i but it reminds me of the good old days* of rolling around under sd1's

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIOU1KSKBkeTsWpad5vzBw

11 hours ago, cort16 said:

I've been watching a lot of this guy lately. He restored a total basket case SD1 police car a few years ago on retro ride and is restoring various things including rover 200 with a t series and an SD1 diesel.

Its very raw but he's got skills using the same basic tools as you or i but it reminds me of the good old days* of rolling around under sd1's

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbIOU1KSKBkeTsWpad5vzBw

The chap is an inspiration. I watched a lot of his videos before I bit the bullet with welding my Lada. 

1 hour ago, Remspoor said:

How is that gong? I (and your other fan)  would like to see an update on your thread please.

Ha! I have more fans than friends now!

It's alright to be honest, shaky start with welding which I will go in to on the video (if I remember). I've welded a hole, and I've got to weld the chassis arm thingy bob on top of it. I want to do that tomorrow evening if the wife permits me, as I'm also sound proofing the house and sorting out our fireplace she made me rip out a few months ago.

10 hours ago, cort16 said:

I really like these videos  they're well made and he's really knowledgeable.

He's also a good singer too. The video before this one he's driving his Muira in Italy and is singing Days Like These.