Youtube moments

Volksy

On 6/17/2020 at 2:34 PM, Spurious said:

I do like this channel.  Leon seems like a decent chap. 

And it says a lot for Irish car drivers. Don't do nothing unless it fails the NCT.  deathtrap isn't an exaggeration here ???

A gallon drum of Holy water can cure many an ill, especially dodgy brakes. 

This is a bit of a mess but it's all there is after 47 years. About a minute of Consul 3000GT saloon car racing from 1973.

Two versions, the first link is black & white with sound, second vid is same in colour but has no sound.

http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/6da5a49fc58a4a9e862d444247e8e3fc

I haven't found any vids of the Cortina 2000GT race (maybe more than one race), although there are various pics around of the LVX Cortinas.

Reminds me of Grandstand or World Of Sport when I was a wee lad.

RbMbRyA.jpg

There are some vids of the Avon Tour of Britain 73, 74, 75 on Youtube, vid quality not always good but some great stuff there if you like that sort of thing.

Australian F1 driver Vern Shuppan drove a Consul GT on plain steelies in 1973.

cs5FiHO.jpg

lJ86PV3.jpg

23 hours ago, Fumbler said:

Now this is cool!

That guy does not wear any goggles when welding. ?

I do like the way he cuts the metal after tack welding. But there is a minor problem with that method. If you have a double skin. Welding up the second skin can not be done the same way or you will end with a load of metal rattling around the body.

41 minutes ago, Remspoor said:

That guy does not wear any goggles when welding. ?

I do like the way he cuts the metal after tack welding. But there is a minor problem with that method. If you have a double skin. Welding up the second skin can not be done the same way or you will end with a load of metal rattling around the body.

It was a double skinned pickup body and he did pull out a giant square after he did all the cutting and welding. My idea of "double skin" might be wrong though.

In other videos and in timelapses he uses welding goggles, but I too found it a bit erking to see no protection from the light and UV radiation in this one...

On 7/1/2020 at 10:42 PM, Fumbler said:

It was a double skinned pickup body and he did pull out a giant square after he did all the cutting and welding. My idea of "double skin" might be wrong though.

In other videos and in timelapses he uses welding goggles, but I too found it a bit erking to see no protection from the light and UV radiation in this one...

He never did show how the inner bed side panel was welded. He had a lot of difficulty removing the spare metal from gap with the largish hole cut for this work.

1 minute ago, Remspoor said:

He never did show how the inner bed side panel was welded. He had a lot of difficulty removing the spare metal from gap with the largish hole cut for this work.

Indeed he didn't, but I suppose it didn't tie in with the video he wanted to make. He even said he'd take a grinder to the piece of metal he cut out in the void, and then decided to persevere with just bending it and pulling it out. Less effort than getting the tools out to make the job easier.

3 hours ago, cort16 said:

I'm enjoying this channel of late, he has loads of British shite but he's in the states. He's got some really nice stuff but still  seems to be compulsively buying fucked Land Rover Discovery's

Yer but those red frog eyes ( to which I Posted a link to previously) is really something.