Youtube moments

Volksy

A bit of Australian motorsport.  This looks a bit sporty, sort of a cross between a Mk2 Cortina GT and a Mk4 Zodiac.  I knew these existed but hadn't really looked at them much.  I think I've found a new dream car, with 4 doors.  

Ford UK missed a trick there by not putting a 289 into the Mk4 Zodiac and developing it further, or a 302 or 351 into the Consul / Granada. Would have been so easy to do.

E88KzKV.jpg

But does it go?  Not aarff mate . . .

Fucking quick, especially once clear of the pack. I'd guess these were geared for around 140mph max, maybe more.

9 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

A bit of Australian motorsport.  This looks a bit sporty, sort of a cross between a Mk2 Cortina GT and a Mk4 Zodiac.

But does it go?  Not aarff mate . . .

Fucking quick, especially once clear of the pack. I'd guess these were geared for around 140mph max, maybe more.

142mph was the max speed, quite brisk for a 70s saloon.

Further reading: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_XY_Falcon_GT

Police fast response training in 1997, the car is a Volvo T5 & sounds just like my current T5 when pressing on.

Some interesting cars on the road and as someone puts in the comments, hardly any BMW or Audis...

I thought of putting this in the standards of driving thread after seeing how many react to a car with blue lights and sirens in their mirrors...

4 minutes ago, FakeConcern said:

Police fast response training in 1997, the car is a Volvo T5 & sounds just like my current T5 when pressing on.

I thought of putting this in the standards of driving thread after seeing how many react to a car with blue lights and sirens in their mirrors...

On my last training ride, 3 of us were riding through the Dartford tunnel, blues and sirens on, when a Micra in front of us slowed down, then slowed some more, then stopped. 

Most do get out of the way, others stop in the most inappropriate of spots. Sometimes better to run with them off.

I never used to be a huge fan of this channel but their recent cheap car buying videos have been good.

I think this auction video portrays my experience of going to the auctions pretty well. I.e convinced at the start I'll get a bargain and at the end buying some heap and over paying for it.