Youtube moments

Volksy

Riley One-Point-Five/ Wolseley 1500 were not in production in 1952.

Here is the best screen shot I can get.

image.thumb.png.d5fe717f10771b4c49a95cc9e1172462.png

I have been though some of the years between 45 and 53 to see if there is anything similar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cars_by_year_of_introduction

Nearest I could find was theStandard 8 , (with some disguising). It was introduced the same year too.image.png.83bb46cd87a13e58b01b2094072b9b9c.png

4 hours ago, bunglebus said:

These old video's are cool.

Watching this one & the Incredible  Seven (reel 2)  I was struck by the assembly line guys using the old pump action Yankee screwdrivers. I bought an old one of those for Christmas & it's ability to just "fuck off" at the first opportunity & spear anything nearby must have made for quite a bit of  "fixes to paintwork" being needed !

Edsel styling crossed my mind too but the actual production car wasn't till much later in 1957/8. Maybe they had drawn it up early 50s though. Have never seen that vid before, that's made my day, there's a serious lack of 50s and 60s prototype Ford material out there. Anything I find gets posted on one of the two pics threads on here.

2 hours ago, Remspoor said:

Riley One-Point-Five/ Wolseley 1500 were not in production in 1952.

Here is the best screen shot I can get.

image.thumb.png.d5fe717f10771b4c49a95cc9e1172462.png

I have been though some of the years between 45 and 53 to see if there is anything similar. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Cars_by_year_of_introduction

Nearest I could find was theStandard 8 , (with some disguising). It was introduced the same year too.image.png.83bb46cd87a13e58b01b2094072b9b9c.png

I don't think that unidentified motor is an 8 or a 10 the back wing looks wrong. Also I was looking at where the door handles are, does it look like there's 2 lots together- as in maybe suicide doors at the back?

I did wonder if it might be foreign. Fiat or Lancia perhaps??

On 8/29/2019 at 9:47 PM, Carlosfandango said:

Evening shiters. It’s been a while as I’ve been moving house and blah blah blah..

Anyway, this lad is a good friend of mine and he’s very passionate about the kind of crap we all like - but he’s rather talented in many ways. If you are a fan of resto videos and like classic British stuff, this is for you. If not, the very fact that you are reading this means this is for you also..

Enjoy!

CFD

I’ve just caught up with this one. It’s truly extraordinary - an absolutely mesmerising film.

Restoring a rusty Range Rover is a shitload of work on its own, without the slight* complication of making a feature-length, beautifully framed and lit stop-motion movie of it.

Sheer lunacy. Of the very best kind.

On 12/29/2019 at 6:26 PM, Mr Pastry said:

The car in the main screen shot seems to have a 100E style track control arm visible.  Also quite large wheels - 15 or 16 inch?  From the rear, wheel angles are interesting, IRS?  

Thinking again about this car, it was/is quite common for prototypes to be disguised for  testing on public roads, so that probably explains the odd looking grille and external spare wheel.