Youtube moments

Volksy

On 9/30/2019 at 10:02 PM, egg said:

In the mid-90s, you got your Ford US catalog on CD-ROM

Wow, the Ford Aspire looks shite.

Somehow I ended up in posession of a CD ROM of the original Ford Focus back in 1998/9. I didn'y have a PC then so I used one of the PCs at college to check it out. I think I flogged it on eBay some years ago.

4 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

I always liked the 131 2000 Sport versions of these. Far cheaper second hand than a RS2000 and sounded better. Really nice seats too and a more 'chunky' looking interior. But, oh boy, could they rust!!

A friend had a wreck of a 1300 2-door which his mum gave him. Like the one in this vid but orange and S-reg. Late one afternoon around 1987/8 a stone hit his toughened windscreen and smashed it into a million bits. Problem was he was in Portree on the Isle of Skye (hillwalking trip) and he lived in Aberdeen, with work early next morning (postman). And it was a freezing November night. Drove it all the way home in the dark with no windscreen at all. About 220 miles.

“Italian Marina”?

Is he trying to put people off?

Mother Fumbler learned to drive in a 131 Mirafiore estate in sporty flavour. Father Fumbler was able to hightail it at 70 (over railbridges and got air) to Godfather Fumbler's wedding. Oh yes, it rusted. It rusted good, and this was after they had a shit brown coloured Renault 12.

^  Talbot Sunbeam?  Or maybe Avenger.  For a brief period late 80s you could buy kits for installing the Fiat TC into various cars.  I think Street Machine mag (or maybe CCC) covered this in a feature. 

More Fiat, this time FWD.  Neat looking cars, but when last did you see one?

19 hours ago, JeeExEll said:

^  Talbot Sunbeam?  Or maybe Avenger.  For a brief period late 80s you could buy kits for installing the Fiat TC into various cars.  I think Street Machine mag (or maybe CCC) covered this in a feature. 

More Fiat, this time FWD.  Neat looking cars, but when last did you see one?

I had two, a red one and a blue one with stripes all over it. Superb little cars and by no means the most rust prone FIAT in the 70s.

It was totally outclassed by the Alfasud Sprint and Scirocco although it was a lot cheaper.

Listen to that Volvo 3.0 straight 6. :-)

Oops at 1.45.   (Slightly repetitive vid, but you get the idea).

Some early 70s Marcos sportscars were fitted with the 164 engine.  I can see why now.

In the very early 60s there were plans to produce a Volvo V8 powered 'large car', as part of an evolution of the Amazon.  Unfortunately, the idea was binned.  The V8 went into production but was used in trucks and boats rather than passenger cars.

Dohhh!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_B36_engine

Volvo 3.5 litre V8 184 anyone??    Even better, a late 60s / early 70s  factory V8 fuel-injected Volvo 185 estate. :-)

Edited by JeeExEll