Youtube moments

Volksy

13 minutes ago, LightBulbFun said:

im surprised iv not heard more about the Tata Nano on these pages as it seems like a proper auotshite car :mrgreen:

yeah, very rarely available outside India. Did note one for sale in Netherlands a while back though...

20 hours ago, LightBulbFun said:

I was wondering when that would make its way to Autoshite :)

im surprised iv not heard more about the Tata Nano on these pages as it seems like a proper auotshite car :mrgreen:

Doesn’t have a hope in hell of passing crash or emissions regulations anywhere else in the world.

On 5/13/2019 at 8:47 PM, Dirk Diggler said:

1970's car chases are very hard to beat

I'm sure that peppermint green 2.0S turns up in various TV shows in the late 70s

Law and order

i729956.jpg

Target

i617561.jpg

Here it is in the September 1977 CAR magazine being tested

Ford Cortina 2.0 S Mk4 - Toyota Cressida & Vauxhall VX2300 Group Road Test 1977 (4)

Also remember years ago seeing a TV film where a similar one is being used after being stolen, driver skids it into a kerb at one point. Strange what sticks in your mind.

There's a bit of old chod lurking in the background, but mostly I just like this as it makes me nostalgic for a time I never saw. Things just seemed simpler and more honest, no brand name clothing, kids playing outside and reality tv would have been David Attenborough in the Galapagos Islands.

The 60s Technicolour always looks great too. 

Does Jay Leno have the best private car collection....in the world? Possibly.

A fantastic car which his team have done some great work on too. He does have a serious commitment to restorations.

I can't find this posted anywhere around here and it is possible that someone who is interested in that sort of thing may not have seen it already. In '73 Louis Malle made a mostly silent documentary about a Citroen assembly plant. The film, Humain, trop humain, is 72 minutes of car manufacture and is worth a watch. It was available on Curzon a while back but it isn't now so here it is broken up into bits and in crappy quality. But, hey, Citroen GS!