Youtube moments

Volksy

Where in the vid? That's really interesting, how did that come about back in 1982? 

From around the time when Channel 4 first went on air. Four whole channels of TV choice, imagine that :-)

This vid gives the general impression that the Cortina Ghia had electric sunroof and windows. And that it could float in air. Fucking liars. Maybe float in air over a humpback bridge at 85mph.

They did look good in silver though.

• 2 weeks later...

^ Reminds me of a story my dad told me. My cousin was born on the morning of Christmas eve 1967 and my uncle 'may have had some celebratory refreshment' at lunchtime. On the way home in his little Bedford HA van he clipped a kerb on a quiet roundabout at slow speed and put the van onto it's side in the middle of the road. Someone went into the nearby pub for help and half a dozen blokes came running out. They lifted the van and got it back onto it's wheels. It eventually started and he drove off home, he didn't even get out of the van the whole time. He had the van for a few years after that. (It did look a bit battered on the passenger side).

I can't imagine what it sounded like when he toppled it over as he had his drum kit in the back.

Ok, this is more motorsport than autoshite, but check out these Cortina Mk5 XR6 Interceptors  overtaking everything in saloon car racing.

Driving skillz throughout, but check around 1.40.

Triple Weber'd Essex V6 Mk5 Cortinas. They seem to be doing ok, mere Alfa GTV6s and BMW 535s for competition.

Who's going to win? Watch and see. :-)

It's a bit surreal seeing Cortinas in this setting. The lead driver could easily get a job driving for the Sweeney.

• 3 weeks later...

After last night's unfortunate and avoidable public road incident in Stevenage I looked up a vid which showed spectators' proximity to danger in rallying in the 70s, 80s (mainly), and 90s.

More motorsport, sorry, but some interesting events involving Autoshite cars - Clio @ 1.40, 205 @ 2.10, and Astra @ 3.28. And more, I could go on . . .

Check out the spectators around 4.10, and the BMW driving up someone's leg at 4.40, and more later. Fkn mad!!! Vid is 11 minutes total. Does not contain gory gruesome details, many near misses though.