Youtube moments

Volksy

• 2 weeks later...

Woo :)

I am curious tho, is there any sort of running in procedure needed since he quite heavily rebuilt the entire engine?

I dont know what the rules are for 2 stroke engines, but the Invacar Mk12 manual does talk about running with a different ratio of petrol and oil when first running a new car/engine in

I don’t suppose anyone has a link to the clip (from the 70s I think) of a guy crashing a mini big time at a race meet then getting out and walking away as though he had drunk about twenty pints. I have seen it on telly a few times but can’t find it for the life of me.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YybhUo-phdI

Garage 54-a Russian garage pissing about with cars. Latest episodes are removing the engine from a Lada and replacing it with the 7 litre, V8 Zil truck motor.

Lots of cutting and welding, just not quite Project Binky levels. Fun to watch. Because dangerous.

This Mercedes is the most 80's thing I've seen. Wait until you see the stereo.

there was one of these Styling Garage SECs in a local restorer's workshop about 25 years ago.   I flashed a pic of it up on Flickr and got an email from the guy who built them - he was desperate to find out where the car was but sadly all trace of it and the workshop had long disappeared by then.   

I called round to see a mate earlier this morning for coffee and bacon rolls. He had this playing on a 39-inch screen on the kitchen wall with the sound turned up loud. Impressive effect.

Unfortunately the end of the race is unknown as the camera runs out of space, so it's just a short ten minute vid of two Imps dicing on the track. But you're just itching to see what happens - 'is he or isn't he going to pass?'. It's very close racing. I watched it again realised I was  leaning left and right in the corners.

Turn the sound up loud for the full Imp-revs experience. :-)

The top of the revcounter is 9000rpm.

On 5/4/2019 at 12:53 PM, JeeExEll said:

I called round to see a mate earlier this morning for coffee and bacon rolls. He had this playing on a 39-inch screen on the kitchen wall with the sound turned up loud. Impressive effect.

Unfortunately the end of the race is unknown as the camera runs out of space, so it's just a short ten minute vid of two Imps dicing on the track. But you're just itching to see what happens - 'is he or isn't he going to pass?'. It's very close racing. I watched it again realised I was  leaning left and right in the corners.

Turn the sound up loud for the full Imp-revs experience. :-)

The top of the revcounter is 9000rpm.

That was fantastic, I thought he had him at 6 minutes