Youtube moments

Volksy

I thinks I has been spending too much time on YT.

interesting to see how the London Fire Brigade where still using a mid 1960s AEC Firetruck in the mid to late 80s, im guessing it was a similar case to the Routemaster of either "it aint broke" or "we cant find a suitable replacement"

speaking of Routemasters I cant help but notice the London Transport type indicator ears on the fire truck, I wonder how those got there, I think its the first time iv seen a pair on something non London transport :)

edit: bonus invacar at 7:41 and 8:33 too  :mrgreen:

extra edit: EYX 248C looks to be SORN so at least one of those lovely sounding AEC Firetrucks have survived it seems :)

I suppose a spares bin was used. Make no sense to use something new when off the shelf was pennies to purchase.

yeah but I would of expected the type of indicators you see on EYX 248C (those side mounted crescent moon-ish looking affairs)

esp given until now id never seen LT type indicators on anything other then a London Transport bus :) so id assumed it was something bespoke for London Transport

yeah but I would of expected the type of indicators you see on EYX 248C (those side mounted crescent moon-ish looking affairs)

esp given until now id never seen LT type indicators on anything other then a London Transport bus :) so id assumed it was something bespoke for London Transport

AEC built the RT before RMs Both had the same indicators.

Maybe the type was London specific. As this version of the same TT appears to use different indicators.

his315.jpg

Having just read up quickly, on WiKi, the history of AEC and the British lorry/coach builders under the umbrella of BL/Associated Commercial Vehicles (ACV). Is quite interwoven. It would be easy for the companies to use many parts from other brands.

Cadillac flower cars popped up on the shite in miniature thread & reminded me of this.

I'm not sure on the steering wheel or wheels but it's damn cool. Oh and Gene Winfield was the chap behind them  :-D

The golf bag shoot/hatch in the side is nice but old hat, 30's Packards had golf shoots IIRC.

Another video.

AEC built the RT before RMs Both had the same indicators.

Maybe the type was London specific. As this version of the same TT appears to use different indicators.

his315.jpg

Having just read up quickly, on WiKi, the history of AEC and the British lorry/coach builders under the umbrella of BL/Associated Commercial Vehicles (ACV). Is quite interwoven. It would be easy for the companies to use many parts from other brands.

exactly :) , iv seen the indicators on PRX62 pretty much everywhere (even on Routemasters that had been acquired by independents, where they look properly naff) im sure those are an off the shelf thing like the rear lights on an invacar

but the the LT type indicators iv never seen in use on anything non London Transport, until now when I saw them on the D reg Firetruck in that video

(as for the front indicators on RTs IIRC those originally did not have any indicators and the LT type where fitted later on by LT)

I jut think it will remain a mystery.

Many "escape tenders2 had the same ears on them whilst in later years they did not. Maybe that part bin supply dried up?

9439645264_160c912587_b.jpg

wp1dd8dc6b.jpg

7964443216_449e5df874_b.jpg

interesting :)

are those all (ex) London Fire trucks? I wonder if LFB had some sort of going ons with London Transport? (Like how LT Looked after the BEA Routemasters)