Xantia Turbo Diz - Nowt Moves You Like a Citroen, £6 a ticket DRAW WEDNESDAY 31st

RobT

Well, that's quite exciting!

I've been rather busy having an enjoyable* evening bulding flat-pack furniture for the Mini-Talbots.  Got a message from Dean36014 saying I'd won.  The cold sweat of both joy for winning something and panic about what the hell to do with it is a feeling I've never experienced before.  Not sure I can properly explain it!

Luckily (and genuinely luckily) this is only ~50 miles away from me.  And we have to go to Bromley this coming weekend.  Sheer Blind Luck!

Luckily (and genuinely luckily) this is only ~50 miles away from me.  And we have to go to Bromley this coming weekend.  Sheer Blind Luck!

That's handy! I might be out most of Saturday but if you send me a PM with your plans I'm sure we can work something out.

I've not managed to kill a Bosch pump yet, how long have you been running it on veg?

Just about 6000 miles in the last 3 months. It's pissing out of it, it's still running ok apart from not idling worth a fcuk. Haven't had a proper look yet, just have been using the other car. Will be having a look at the weekend. I've heard of lots of guys running xud 1.9 td on veg forever with no problem. I bought the thing precisely to run veg, working as I do in a chippy. Never put filtered waste in it, it's always been new veg.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

A seals kit will fix that.  The Pompe Bosch works just fine on Veg, but the seals are usually on their last legs by now, and the addition of a not-very-compatible-oil generally is the last straw for them, and they then leak like a sieve.

Despite having an engine-oil-lubricated injection pump, and hence absolutely perfect to run on SVO/WVO, most Merc OM617/601/602/603/604/605/606 engines will spring a leak within a few months of having veg shoved in them, even as a blend, and you end up doing a complete (20 seals!) kit.  Ask me how I know.

Viton seals kit and it'll be fine.

A seals kit will fix that. The Pompe Bosch works just fine on Veg, but the seals are usually on their last legs by now, and the addition of a not-very-compatible-oil generally is the last straw for them, and they then leak like a sieve.

Despite having an engine-oil-lubricated injection pump, and hence absolutely perfect to run on SVO/WVO, most Merc OM617/601/602/603/604/605/606 engines will spring a leak within a few months of having veg shoved in them, even as a blend, and you end up doing a complete (20 seals!) kit. Ask me how I know.

Viton seals kit and it'll be fine.

I've started a thread myself for this. I have a seals kit ordered, and the pump will be off the car at the weekend. My son has 3 mates who have all driven my xantia and are now looking for one, that's why I would have liked this auction one. I would have welded patches on the sills and sold it on. I suppose I might find another that I wouldn't have to fly/drive 600 miles home for. Although I did precisely that for the one I have. I am certifiably mad, flying 600 miles to pick up a 200 quid shiter with 209000 miles on it haha

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, due to a family gathering that was supposed to be "just lunch" that turned into a 6-hr long extravaganza, two tired and grumpy smalls, an hour-and-a-half drive still to do, and a wife who had quite reasonably just had enough and wanted to get home (which, quite frankly, I did too), this collection caper has had to be delayed. So anyone who was waiting to see me freezing cold in an overheated Xantia with no fuel will have to wait a few more days.

Many thanks to RobT for his understanding of the situation. Lesson learned: Don't try to combine collekshun capers with family events. It just doesn't work. You'd think I'd have learned* the last time I took the entire family to collect a car. That had hillarious* results.