Daves cinquecento - brutally raped.

dave21478

Unless its an early one that engine will be 899cc and only produce 40 bhp the panda was 903cc with 45 bhp and was much better.

You need

Panda 903 dance or bella in uk after 86 or 45 pre 86

uno 903 formula after 86 or 45 pre 86

yugo 45

I wonder if the extra 4cc really did give 5bhp more or just a bit of marketing by Fiat. Or just a more aggressive Cam/better breathing head.

love the art deco engine hoist ;)

and the 903cc was a great engine to work on, when i discovered the 'misfire' that the PO couldn't cure, was due to him torquing no3 exhaust valve down!!!!!!!

The 1000 CC FIRE must have been a bit of a rarity quickly (in the UK at least), can't think of anything else that got it. Cinq had the pushrod and then 1.1 FIRE, Punto started out with the 1.2 8v HGF special.

The Y10 at launch had 1.0 FIRE as well as the 1049cc 127 engine. Vast majority sold were FIREs.

Dave I think youve made the right decision on the Cinq. They are just not that interesting and knowing how unrefined Pandas can be a bit of fuel injection wont go amiss. Even if its only 40hp at least it will make that consistently and not when a carburettor feels like it.

I like the 903cc engine. It's in my Panda MK 1 and the 900T (although running the other way)...

Anyway, the pushrod lump in Davenumbers Panda (for now...) is the 965cc lump out of the Autobianchi A112...

yyyeah, but as I clearly said in the first post and a few times since, I dont want to be fucking around with carbs and distributers. Its not 1983 anymore.

I hear you there - that's precisely why I've stuck the TBi injection & ignition setup from a Lada Niva 1.7i into my Riva - yes there's slightly more that *can* go wrong - but it needs an order of magnitude less regular fettling, and at least in the case of the Lada - it drives far better out of the box than the carb setup ever does*.

* Note that the Lada in question came with a stupid computer controlled carb for emission control reasons, so was never likely to work right!