Autoshite quote of the Year 2018

chaseracer

I have operated a Triumph Mayflower and they are a runty cuntlet of a car.

The gear lever, however, is delightful. A slender chromium plated shaft with a lovely bakelite knob, it's a well known fact that this item alone cost as much to produce as two Kia Picantos.

There's no better choice of motor car if you wish to shun all further human contact.

• 2 weeks later...

Yoss on the netflix thread - strictly speaking still in 2017 but we need a 2018 quotes thread

I learnt all my history from Iron Maiden and Asterix). You only realise at the end of the book then when you read it again you see more and more references.

I don't think that's a spoiler alert if you're thinking of reading it. I recommend starting with Iron Maiden.

Des in the SQA making me ruin another keyboard

Angle grinders with speed control, albeit crude ones, are ten a penny these days from the likes of Lidl, for all your dizzy driving needs, coupling wise, you could try finding a big nut for the grinders spindle and a short length of radiator hose and clips, should be just up to the job if both items are supported but would hopefully release when the whole ballyhoo tears off on a nom nom trashing spree chasing you round your gaf while you scrabble to pull the main fuse. Maybe sit the dizzy in the top of an axle stand, poke the grinder in through a side and keep your boot on it, carry out a risk assessment and I'm sure it will be fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic stuff from Mr Gricey...

If you are after something red and a convertible, aware of something being available shortly.

...in response to http://autoshite.com/topic/30907-2002-mercedes-slk-320-swap-classic-car/

• 2 weeks later...

Cavcraft on the Ebay tat thread -

New age (non) traveller?

s-l1600.jpg

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Live-in-Truck-Motorhome/292463739823?hash=item44183283af:g:QgMAAOSw8bpak9aQ

Because the only thing worse than a portable fucking horse toilet, is a portable fucking horse toilet bolted to an Iveco.

Verdict: I'd rather spend eight weeks down a mine shaft superglued to Jim Davidson than have a single night away in this.

I'm amazed I wasn't throttled by the harrassed staff at our local Texas. My dad would only have popped in for five litres of white emulsion, yet I would be all over the doorbell board like Rick Wakeman after freebasing a load of PCP.

Forget Roland, Moog or Casio. I was a Friedland virtuoso.

"Bing-bong, bingbongbingbong. Hrrrrrrrrrrt."