Bedford CF, Zephyr mk3 or Vauxhall PA, maybe, sometime, eventually...

eddyramrod

I knew about that one already, but thank you for digging it out!  One has to admire the engineering that's gone into creating it; it's way, way, WAY beyond my skills but considering how rotten the original Cresta was, I can't disapprove.  I mean, why would I?

Actually there is a reason: I don't like two-door cars, I prefer a four-door.  That aside, I do approve, in spades!

• 3 weeks later...

Guess, lol.  I do have a better class of swopper available now though: a very lovely Jag.

Actually the funds have improved slightly, although only in terms of being able to run such things.  The buying-for-cash capability hasn't improved.  And for bringing the cold light of reality into the thread, may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

• 8 months later...

I'm going to add to this plea.  More and more I think about the mk3 Zephyr my dad had from new, so let's add these into the mix.  Preferably a 6 or even a Zodiac.  This sort of thing...

s-l1600.jpg

This one's on ebay now at £5k but it wouldn't have to be quite so lovely.  It's going to live outside and get used!

• eddyramrod changed the title to Bedford CF, Zephyr mk3 or Vauxhall PA, maybe, sometime, eventually...
52 minutes ago, eddyramrod said:

I'm going to add to this plea.  More and more I think about the mk3 Zephyr my dad had from new, so let's add these into the mix.  Preferably a 6 or even a Zodiac.  This sort of thing...

s-l1600.jpg

This one's on ebay now at £5k but it wouldn't have to be quite so lovely.  It's going to live outside and get used!

There was one in Emsworth in Hampshire the other day on the side of the road with a for sale sign in the window, no price just a number to ring for details, it was blue and a bit ratty, looked to have been brush painted a while ago, if I see it again I’ll take a picture for you 

4 minutes ago, Weird Car said:

There was one in Emsworth in Hampshire the other day on the side of the road with a for sale sign in the window, no price just a number to ring for details, it was blue and a bit ratty, looked to have been brush painted a while ago, if I see it again I’ll take a picture for you 

So a quick google of Zephers for sale in Hampshire brings up this video of when a dealer had it for sale a few years ago. This is definitely the car I saw on the side of the road 

But it looks a lot more worse for wear now 

Talking of Hampshire zephyrs there's an old boy who lives near Bransbury Park in Southsea who has a blue one as a daily driver (he's also got a P5 for special occasions). Sometime last year it got bent and was looking sorry for itself with a damaged wing & grill. It's now up on stands with a new wing and slowly being put back together