Bedford CF, Zephyr mk3 or Vauxhall PA, maybe, sometime, eventually...

eddyramrod

Shipping from Australia probably could be achieved for under £1000.

At the moment the only automatics I have found for sale have been cab chassis, but they are out there.

That's about what I was quoted to ship my bike 10 years ago! I would think nearer £2.5k maybe less if you get lucky with RORO, plus I would want to give anything a really good look over and poke before purchase, in states with no annual roadworthy people are keen in structural filler.

Edit if you can manage shipping for 1k keep an eye out for a charger or V8 XA to XD wagon please.

This has just shown up on my Facebook...... talk about poor timing!

You'll probably get that really cheap if VOSA pull him up., he'll need the money for the absolute arse reaming he'll get if that goes over the scales.

The grey one from Facebook is sold, apparently, but at least it means they do still exist!

If I was going to import one, from Australia or anywhere else, it would need to be within reach of a trusted Shiter who could give it a good look-over for me, and possibly even accommodate it until the shippers picked it up.  I've got more sense than to go into an international purchase of this magnitude, blind (I hope!).

That's about what I was quoted to ship my bike 10 years ago! I would think nearer £2.5k maybe less if you get lucky with RORO, plus I would want to give anything a really good look over and poke before purchase, in states with no annual roadworthy people are keen in structural filler.

Edit if you can manage shipping for 1k keep an eye out for a charger or V8 XA to XD wagon please.

I’ve had quotes around the £1K mark for cars being shipped in containers, it comes out cheaper than driving them to and from the dock.

Also, in regards to your Ford Wagon desires:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1975-Ford-Fairmont-XB-Manual/SSE-AD-5321801

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1977-Ford-Falcon-500-XC-Auto/SSE-AD-5470931

If I was going to import one, from Australia or anywhere else, it would need to be within reach of a trusted Shiter who could give it a good look-over for me, and possibly even accommodate it until the shippers picked it up. I've got more sense than to go into an international purchase of this magnitude, blind (I hope!).

If one was located near me (I live south of Sydney) then I may be able assist in purchase and storage. It would also need to be roadworthy and registered, which is also something that you would desire as you aren’t in the market for a project.

If one was located near me (I live south of Sydney) then I may be able assist in purchase and storage. It would also need to be roadworthy and registered, which is also something that you would desire as you aren’t in the market for a project.

What's the crack with transferring the reg in NSW? I've done vic, SA & WA which were all easy with only vic requiring a RWC.

Can you get the equivalent of the Victorian unregistered vehicle permit to drive a car from the sellers place to yours and onwards to a RWC or repair place?

Those wagons wow I don't ever remember seeing any that clean when they were common place!

What's the crack with transferring the reg in NSW? I've done vic, SA & WA which were all easy with only vic requiring a RWC.

Can you get the equivalent of the Victorian unregistered vehicle permit to drive a car from the sellers place to yours and onwards to a RWC or repair place?

Those wagons wow I don't ever remember seeing any that clean when they were common place!

As long as the car is fully registered in another state, than the transfer to NSW is pure paperwork.

Yes, you can get an unregistered vehicle permit, but I don’t know the details about them.

70s Falcons don’t usually do it for me as I’m a Holden boy, but those wagons are sweet!

Sorry for the thread hijack Eddy. Just remember, it’s all in pursuit of your dream CF!

Interesting times....

Two CFs have appeared in the ebay thread in the last few days: a matt-black camper in that there London and a white plain van in Southport.  At the same (realistic) price!  Both are the later front with the 2.3 engine.  I think the white one looks a more honest vehicle.  It's the one I would choose, of the two. 

Just a shame about the timing!  I can't afford either of them, and if I could, I couldn't drive it.  Bummer.

Only thing that bothers me is "bought to use a a daily driver but my plans have changed". I read that as "not solid/reliable enough to use"

Likely, yes.  But maybe I'm just more keen than he is to be driving a CF?  Hell I'd drive anything right now, even my boss's diesel A4.  That says something!