My 2005 Jaguar S Type - **May be on its way back**

cpjitservices

Ive really no use for another picasso hdi! Two bolts underneath of each side mate. The towbar sits behind bumper and has a couple of angles each side bolted to it which in turn are bolted to the shell. And yes you can use the towbar. I passed test in 2014 too but that's anorher kettle of fish! Basically you can tow up to 3500kg gross train weight providing you don't exceed towing limit of car. Picasso can tow 1300kg so you are fine to tow with it.

Ive really no use for another picasso hdi! Two bolts underneath of each side mate. The towbar sits behind bumper and has a couple of angles each side bolted to it which in turn are bolted to the shell. And yes you can use the towbar. I passed test in 2014 too but that's anorher kettle of fish! Basically you can tow up to 3500kg gross train weight providing you don't exceed towing limit of car. Picasso can tow 1300kg so you are fine to tow with it.

OK cool, ill see about getting the f***er off and about the wiring in of the lectrics.

I shall get back to you.

IN the meantime I'm off to ebay to look for an X type

I’ve had a few of these X-Types from new, done nearly 500k Miles wrapped in one.

The 2.1 V6 Petty is FWD.

The 2.5 and 3.0 V6 Petty are AWD. The 2.0 and 2.2 Dizzle are FWD.

The 2.2D has hell of a lot of torque and can move on out when you want it to. Av was 42MPG driven with spirit.

IMHO they are cracking cars. Not quite the full Waft you get with a big XJ but they are a comfy place to be and a bit different to your other standard 2.summitt Dizzlers from Fauxhall or Fard or Renner or Pewgo or Shitron, even if the X is made out of Mundano bits.

The Modern XE XF have lost that individual Old Skool Jag style. The current XJ I still think looks shite, can’t warm to it. The XE and XF are not too bad but look the bloody same and Jag went chasing Der Bavarian Motor Werkin style to appeal to mass market cos many drive and like Der Beemer.

Bring back the Walnut Veneer and leave the brushed Alu Shite for the cooker hood in your modern kitchen. But don’t give us that shite fablon wood style that some XF’s and XJ’s had, want a proper wooden dash like Broadswords XJR’s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeez have you seen the tax bracket for 3.0 and 2.5 pettys? 540 & 570 per year. Ouch.

The dervs are 190. Thats better.

Now then

I have had the pleasure of the past couple of weeks to drive a friend of mines X type... 

I have also borrowed another friend Volvo V40. Absolutely prefer the Volvo, the driving style is much better! Auto and 2.0 derv too Unfortunately not for sale.

SO I have another contender for a new car... Volvo V40 or similar in diesel and with one peddle less!

• 2 weeks later...

V70 D5 is a fine, frugal, strong, versatile mile muncher and there should be plenty of autos out there. The trick is to spend little more and buy a clean one with good history. Things to watch out for, popped intercoolers (listen for whooshing turbo noises), dash problems, ABS issues and any tendency to go into limp home mode (bad injectors or EGR would do that). Other than that the usual stuff. They can be a little heavy on suspension components but that is no surprise.

V70 D5 is a fine, frugal, strong, versatile mile muncher and there should be plenty of autos out there. The trick is to spend little more and buy a clean one with good history. Things to watch out for, popped intercoolers (listen for whooshing turbo noises), dash problems, ABS issues and any tendency to go into limp home mode (bad injectors or EGR would do that). Other than that the usual stuff. They can be a little heavy on suspension components but that is no surprise.

Thanks ill bear that in mind

I quite fancy a C180 estate, although they are dreadful, apparently.

• 2 weeks later...

Theres an interesting development.

I *may* be picking up FY05KJF again very soon.. The Jag that this very post was all about!

I will have saved it twice, The Saab isnt going anywhere and will stay my daily - But what to do with the S type....................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Interesting, a boomerang S-type! Seems like a sweet deal given it's just had a fresh MOT!

Indeed, Its in Hartlepool at present. So that will be an interesting collection. 

I have a car park at my disposal if I want to park something away for a while.... Hmmmm may use it as a summer car!

Although, I've mentioned it to the wife, she's keener than I am about having it back - I'm happy with the Saab, she wants the Jag!!!! Bless Her!

Not practical with needing 3 car seats but could defo use it as a summer car!