Junkman

1st Car Show in 2018 Announced - 25 March - Southport

Supercars of the Northwest sounds like an event that urgently requires a sizeable Autoshite avalanche.

https://www.carshow.life/events/supercars-of-the-northwest-1st-2018-show/

Test2-4.png

Bonus for being in the town Henning Wehn calls home.

Never been to Southport.  Colour me there.

It's SHIT.

Not Nearly as Shit as Morecambe, Blackpool, Ainsdale, New Brighton, Rhyl, Prestatyn and Towyn.

But shitter than Lytham St Annes, and West Kirby

So pretty much the 3rd best seaside town in the Northwest.

This event is the day after my 28th Wedding Anniversary, so despite being only 10 miles from me, I VERY much doubt that I will be there.

it is shit , its like 7 miles north of us , and we have not popped up to do any Xmas shopping at all this year ..

and the parking wardens are sharp , very sharp ,

they notes all the ticket times and reg's in their little smart gadget which then flags up the expired car ticket  to go and ticket the car ...

and if any do is on , they are on it like flies round .........

The invite is for a car show, not a holiday.

Indeed, but junkman has never been to Southport so I felt obliged to explain where Southport sits in the shitness of Northwest seaside towns. To be fair, Victoria Park is close to the marine lake and the pier, and the beach (but obviously the sea is unlikely to be seen) and close to a cinema and bowling and a MCD's. So if you have to bring reluctant teenagers you can send them off to have "fun"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Junkman
      Since this year is almost over, it's time to make plans for next year.

A sizeable AS delegation attended the inaugural event in 2016. Expected to be some half arsed giffer show, to everyone's surprise it turned out to be a superb spectacle with lots of noise, fumes and yes, speed. A return visit to the 2017 event proved to be not less satisfying. For this year, the event was not held in the town of Bromyard, it was integrated with the Shelsley Walsh hill climb, so we skipped it. But next year it'll return to Bromyard and thus we all should go again.

https://bromyardspeedfestival.co.uk/

Attending are:

01 Junkman
      02 Conrad D. Conelrad
    • By Datsuncog
      AUCTION REPORT LINKS:

If you're browsing this thread for the ver' first time and want to get straight into the meat 'n' potatoes, as it were, then here's the links to all the Nordie Shiters' Terrible Terrible Car Auction Event Write-ups, with Datsuncog as your ever-enthusiastic compere de merde.

Wednesday 8th August 2018

Wednesday 12th September 2018

Wednesday 3rd October 2018

Wednesday 5th December 2018

Wednesday 16th January 2019

Wednesday 20 March 2019 SUPER SPECIAL INTERACTIVE EDITION

Righto, shite fans of Norn Iron,

A suggestion has been put forth that a mini-meet of sorts could be arranged for those of us perched atop this enchanted rock, to strengthen bonds and ogle at terrible, terrible cars about to be inflicted on some other poor bugger.

Venue is: Ballyclare Car Auctions, Dennison Industrial Estate, Ballyclare BT39 9EB

http://ballyclarecarauction.co.uk/

Date is: Wednesday 8th August 2018, from 7pm onward

http://autoshite.com/calendar/event/52-northern-ireland-mini-meet-ballyclare-auctions/

Deep-fried items of varying degrees of danger are, apparently, available onsite for those who wish to test the strength of their stomach and other major organs.

So pop along, in whatever vehicle you fancy, for a bit of craic and to participate in the ever-popular Crispiest Wheelarch Spotting Competition.

I'll be there, I believe The_Equalizer will be there, and a few other expressions of interest have been indicated from local shiters.

I may even be wearing my newly-arrived Autoshite t-shirt (courtesy of FilthyJohn) to aid recognition.

Drop a line below if you reckon you fancy coming along!

Dat.
    • By egg
      I have spoken to Lesley Cook who looks after the Hammond Microcar collection in Kent (TN12 postcode - between Headcorn and Staplehurst). The original owners founded the RUMcar register/forum.

I have confirmed that up to 20 cars from us (quirkier the better she says!) will turn up on 12th May 1pm for a tour. The 20 car limit is due to only so much hard standing.

Apparently there is a pub down the road for drink/food afterwards.

This is a private collection, so we can only attend at this time and date unless you make your own separate arrangements.

The charge is £3 a head, which I think is very fair. I will happily play banker (yes, banker) on the day.

The limit is 20 cars, but up to 30-40 people. So please put your username below (and any other forum members who will be in the car with you).

https://www.hammondmicrocars.com/

1. egg
      2. GrumpiusMaximus + better half
      3. SierraMikeHotel
      4. JoeySpud
      5. Parky (maybe)
      6. Lightbulbfun (maybe with Parky)
      7. Christine
      8. Inconsistant
      9. Nigel Bickle
      10. Bramz7
      11. Six-Cylinder + Hairnet
      12. Adw1977
      13. Skoda_Fan
      14. Amishtat + friend
      15. RobT

Let me know if you have any other questions. I will share this thread with the owner to show our genuine intent.