The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 hours ago, HMC said:

Sold two years ago for £115 k and up again at sothebys. Probably with exactly the same mileage.

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/lf23/london/lots/r0037-1957-lancia-aurelia-b20-gt-coupé-series-vi/1401725

1 hour ago, richardmorris said:

but this wraith looks stunning in person for the money

Talking of Wraiths, I followed this through the rain yesterday. I’ve seen it parked here and there a few times, supermarket car parks etc., just being used as a car. Interesting to follow it over bad bits of road that had the cars in front of it heaving and bouncing, The Rolls Royce just completely serene, unperturbed.

IMG_2489.thumb.jpeg.301f08e60a804550b7dba6d21d6c9f39.jpeg

6 hours ago, barefoot said:

Which reminds me, whilst listening to TRB's album Power in the Darkness recently, the track grey cortina came on and I thought, 'do you know,  I don't think I've ever seen a grey cortina '. Certainly not in late seventies mk3/4 guise anyway.

Not Mk3/4 but Dove grey was available on late Mk5s. I think grey was available on Mk1 &2 also.

1 minute ago, HillmanImp said:

It's gone. 

PXL_20231021_113146133.thumb.jpg.44c79468de17e96de7aa17258fe8abb7.jpg

Didn't even get round to advertising it.

Some lad said on Facebook that he was looking for a project, he came and looked at it, agreed to pay full price, came and collected it today. 

Can't argue with that! Is it getting restored for road, race or restomod? 

I made a detour up to @New POD this morning, a thoroughly nice chap in a picturesque part of the world. I acquired from him, at a bargain price, another set of rims for the still-slumbering Omega track slaaaaag. With this set I've now got something to mount wet race tyres to, completing the trifecta of road biased, dry semi slick and full wet to cater for all track conditions and driver preferences 😁

IMG_20231021_130923486_HDR.jpg

6 minutes ago, mat777 said:

He's gonna get it together, painted the put the engine I gave him in and see if he likes it but might put a BMW bike engine in it. He wants to see what it's like with an imp engine first though. 

5 hours ago, mat777 said:

I made a detour up to @New POD this morning, a thoroughly nice chap in a picturesque part of the world. I acquired from him, at a bargain price, another set of rims for the still-slumbering Omega track slaaaaag. With this set I've now got something to mount wet race tyres to, completing the trifecta of road biased, dry semi slick and full wet to cater for all track conditions and driver preferences 😁

IMG_20231021_130923486_HDR.jpg

You probably passed my house and could have collected another set of 16"  Mig wheels 

7 hours ago, Tickman said:

Been a bit wet up here, these two pictures are a day apart taken from the same place.

Screenshot_20231021-091335.thumb.png.de41d0956ed88873b9fe342cdaf7110b.png

Screenshot_20231021-091557.thumb.png.4528a40c554e0666e9ed8e08c2fa0b2d.png

You guys be careful up there. 

Couple of folks I know a little ways outside Stonehaven have literally lost everything they own.  As in where there house used to be there's now a gaping hole where most of the foundations used to be, now occupied by the tiny brook which hasn't once caused them a second of trouble in the last 30 years.

As a lot of folks have said things went from normal to complete chaos in well less than an hour.  In those case there were about 15 minutes from "Bugger, there's some water getting into the garage." To "Oh ****, the whole gable wall has just collapsed." They're considering themselves very lucky to be alive.

1 hour ago, omegod said:

You probably passed my house and could have collected another set of 16"  Mig wheels 

Many thanks for the offer, however for the track tyres I use I need 17s and 18s. 

I believe you break omegas for parts? If so, you have a PM :)

Due to having limited mileage on the Crafter van I hired for the weekend (and needing to pick up a customer's dead desktop PC from a very narrow lane that I've struggled to get the Qashqai down in the past, never mind an LWB van!) I left it at my folks last night and borrowed my dad's Splash to get home. As someone who normally drives a car with an electric handbrake, I definitely didn't* have to rush out of bed when I got back when I suddenly panicked and thought I hadn't remembered to put the handbrake on - fortunately I had remembered.

On 17/10/2023 at 21:08, Daniel R25 said:

Hi,

I think the laguna 2 has fallen out of flavour here a bit. 😀 I don't know if I should create a thread on my new purchase. A laguna 2 Gt, with the detuned Megane Rs motor and the special black and red interior.

I'd be interested to hear more, I keep thinking of a 2 or a 3 as a modern* mile muncher. 

I did see a 3 GT for sale locally to me cheap with a steering fault. Turns out it was a rear wheel steering fault 😬 Run away!