The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

59 minutes ago, Nyphur said:

Yeah I edited it to add the link afterwards, my mistake

I've had a couple of Skoda's now and they both had the wiring diagram for the head unit stuck onto it with a label. Both showered an aux in whether the car had one or not - hence the little plug on the Bluetooth unit to suit. They seem to do a shit load of different head units throughout the Skoda range though so I'm sure there are lots of differences in connectivity.

I'm pretty sure the item I bought wouldn't support the microphones for calls, it certainly didn't come with them. So that/the ffwd button being used to answer a call etc is probably where the extra £60 odd goes 👍

Wow I didn't even know things like that existed, that is cool! 

I have memories of these things, had one in the xantia and it was that which made me treat myself on bonus month for the pioneer £180ish iirc but it wasn't very old back then) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204346761176?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=dbeiCsUQT32&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=QOvj0cTJQtq&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Probably even shitter than that as it was a few years ago now! 

Last day at the old job yesterday (after 15 years there). Had to clear my office, which meant taking my lovely display of old car ads down… 

IMG_2020.jpegIMG_2021.jpegIMG_2022.jpeg

Nothing to do with my job… but I’ve enjoyed having them face my desk. I have printed fresh copies ready for the new job’s office… 

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

a set of legs from Facebook for £10

That's a proper bargain there. I made a little jig for making up hairpin legs so I could make some stools. It wasn't a massive job, but I wouldn't be selling individual legs for less than a tenner, let alone a whole set!

3 minutes ago, Merryck said:

That's a proper bargain there. I made a little jig for making up hairpin legs so I could make some stools. It wasn't a massive job, but I wouldn't be selling individual legs for less than a tenner, let alone a whole set!

Yeah they were £32 on amazon for a set, just thought before I ordered them id check marketplace and these were listed just a few mins away!

1 hour ago, JJ0063 said:

I’ve nearly finished my latest project..

Mrs JJ wanted something like this from Etsy but I thought it looked silly expensive for what’s in reality some old scaffold boards attached to some legs. 

IMG_0180.png

So I went to our local reclaim place, got 3 scaffold boards for £16, a set of legs from Facebook for £10 and we already had some wood stain from doing the campervan.

Just need to let the first coat dry and give it one more for luck but for someone who is fucking useless at DIY, im pretty chuffed. 

It’s only going to be for the lizards vivarium to sit on with the dog crates underneath so mostly hidden, but for £26 all in its ideal!

IMG_0169.jpeg

IMG_0171.jpeg

Nice job that!

looks as good as the “proper” one if not better.

A couple of pathetic mileometer moments this evening.. I do wonder what my life has come to when I somewhat excitedly asked my mate to get his phone out and take a picture so I can post it to a beige corner of the internet 😂

IMG_20230720_202301.thumb.jpg.35f6115152a810540d12c8e4d9cbc38c.jpg

IMG_20230720_202431.thumb.jpg.a5b4842a90c17c173798577de590f5fb.jpg

(Obligatory service light being ignored 😂)

3 hours ago, stuboy said:

I may of found out why there banging in the rear of the mondeo.. watch the droplink and subframe... has my shock gone..and closing the gap..

https://youtu.be/Y4Nd4A_PcBo

Ebay says these fit.. thought It not st220..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234988202843?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=Ub9eDtpzR5m&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=OBg5xkCOSsy&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Another trip to the local breakers today, just for a mooch about. Is there any demand for old Space Cruiser parts? I managed to clamber over to this Spitfire but the thing is absolutely hanging. The 2 tone Omega has the 2.5 BMW Diesel engine fitted apparently. 

A Shiter was asking about a Fiat Stilo recently but I can’t remember who it was.  Unfortunately it’s no longer where it was so is presumably buried in the nearby pile of flattened cars. 

IMG_2738.thumb.jpeg.eb60ab429d9549e93dfe7b283bcacd6f.jpeg

IMG_2740.jpeg

IMG_2739.jpeg

IMG_2737.jpeg

IMG_2736.jpeg

IMG_2735.jpeg

IMG_2734.jpeg

The grey Saab 9-3 estate which I didn't bond with is now sold on, however the pleasure was short lived because General Accident charged me £56 to cancel the policy which just involved pressing a few buttons on the computer. I expect getting a certificate of no claims is going to be a nightmare as well.

Unexpected 4 hour round trip this evening to Milton Keynes as I spotted a genuine Volvo dog guard with a super rare centre partition which is ideal to keep the pugs and Labrador separate and it was only £25 the pair but collection only. 

Jumped straight in the BMW and shot down there, absolute bargain as even non genuine sets go for £150 odd.

0D919085-B035-4D18-B779-6CEC39F6588F.jpeg

0E80A1BF-7D15-4CE1-9D7A-47958F85E9A8.jpeg

IMG_0198.jpeg