Jump to content

The new news 24 thread


Father Ted

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Eyersey1234 said:

I received a summons for jury service on Saturday to take place at the end of next month, has anyone on here done it?

There's a few threads on the Open Forum about it - this is the most recent, I think.

Pro tip seems to be - bring a book.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Both Chieveley and the green Favorit are on their first holiday with us. Of  sorts. We thought we'd start small so it's just a couple of nights in a cabin on a farm in Dorset, less than two hours drive away. 

You have to think about what you're packing more when the dog is taking up the back seats. 

IMG_20220509_124402.thumb.jpg.d56cbc4bff0ebbb83099ac949ed70661.jpg

IMG_20220509_124413.thumb.jpg.751f281056047d362c4a871a78a79ea4.jpg

 

It looks very farmy in this direction. 

IMG_20220509_153937.thumb.jpg.3cdb565dad14667f4f684a7bad5b1c8b.jpg

IMG_20220509_154218.thumb.jpg.d8119ef49248b57819ca7c7695d0188c.jpg

There's also an interesting looking Merc 190 round the corner which I shall have to investigate later. 

IMG_20220509_155841.thumb.jpg.a1379ca9002ca0cf3a915ef667615c27.jpg

The view the other way is much greener.

IMG_20220509_155709.thumb.jpg.c6628c6c3c0b79caa24218c045bc1b46.jpg

The paddock up to the fence is ours. It is supposed to be dog proof but we don't entirely trust Chieveley, he can be very inquisitive so we've got him on a 60ft lead. Mrs Yoss has gone for a walk down to the local Spar so he is ignoring me completely at the moment. 

IMG_20220509_155900.thumb.jpg.45e6ab7689227eea0f0753c401116d90.jpg

 

 

Edit:

The Merc. 

IMG_20220509_162441.thumb.jpg.4e17ecdf9c68cddd1d8afb22532f1478.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, stuboy said:

Thought about cleaning these up and put on the shelf in the front room 

20220509_073046.jpg

Definitely yes. My wife bought me two of those Castrol tins for my Xmas present. She didn't say how much she paid from a antique shop but we usually spend £30 on each other. So likely 15 quid a piece. 

Don't go too crazy cleaning them though!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a day of mixed emotions on Friday, I sold my Dolomite to a farmer for close to the asking price

IMG_20220506_174710.thumb.jpg.054f6cf098566dbe9a75873fe8689716.jpg

I dropped it back to my dad's barn for the new buyer to collect it and to bring my Astra home

IMG_20220506_192948.thumb.jpg.65a98497a84829e460d3b09efc8eb95e.jpg

I was cruising down the A12 where I lost all its drive just as I passing Colchester and broke down on the side of the busy road. 

IMG_20220506_201859.thumb.jpg.f117ec0b7871194fe0c13ef76695ab04.jpg

Where I ended up having to call Essex police for a road closure and a tow behind a BMW 550 to a BP garage. 

IMG_20220506_205609.thumb.jpg.0fd61671d78ce29aab102a057f2b9d73.jpg

Thankfully dad turned up with some tools and a tow pole where we found the spring for the points had snapped and he had to tow me home, I've now ordered a few ignition set up for about £15 so should be back on the road again. 

I'm now not sure if I should spend some money and get the car professionally painted on both sides to really smarten it up or just buy something else, trouble is everything is so bloody expensive at the moment, cars I was paying £2000 for a couple of years ago are now £7000+.

I was bidding on this 8000 mile Ital which was the car that made me want to sell the Dolly in the first place and that sold for £7000 in auction :(

1355E6A1-BCC2-47E0-8F4B-617970B3D9B9-scaled-e1649866535258.thumb.jpeg.2660c754220753b412a7b2592ad0bbbd.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erm, seem to have bought an old Vauxhall...

May be an image of car and outdoors

...a 2.0 Super Touring. It's pretty bad body work wise (the kit didn't do them any favours) but they're a rare old thing now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I helped a Ninja this afternoon. He was stopped 50m in front of me and I thought he might be having a bit of bother. He started walking towards me so I hopped out to see if I could do anything. Asked me if I had an iphone charger  . I had to inform him that I had no time money for such fripperies. A message on face ache resulted in bugger all so I asked him where he lived which turned out to be about 7ish miles away. So he's left the bike with me and I drove him home. Insisted on giving me £20. Not going to say no. Bugger, it's upside down. Bloody wasn't in my saved pics.

20220509_191451.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lots of movement at work site  this week with many Nigel mansell cars off to Monaco. Plus  this 1970 Alfa Romeo Le Mans car which was also in the film with Steve McQueen . Recent £700,000 of invoices!

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/mc22/monaco/lots/r0001-1969-alfa-romeo-tipo-333-sports-racer/1189668

F50E1292-6476-4621-9EBB-16977544C3AE.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just back from a 500-mile round trip to Somerset and back in the Jag.

20220509_203050.thumb.jpg.645d9a1003def821c068043c236378f6.jpg

Not too shabby considering!

I'd like to say that it ran faultlessly but I'd be lying - I got caught in rush hour traffic going through Buckingham and the DSC light came on.  Switching the car off and back on again cleared it though and it then ran OK.  Other than that it was spot on, a lovely comfortable place to spend 11 hours...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That Speedo reminds me of the one on the A4 B8 I had. Optimistic for the vast majority of powertrain combinations and useless for them too. About a fifth of the dial used in almost all legal scenarios. And unless you have a rare massive engined version, only half of it is useful to VMax. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Erm, seem to have bought an old Vauxhall...

May be an image of car and outdoors

...a 2.0 Super Touring. It's pretty bad body work wise (the kit didn't do them any favours) but they're a rare old thing now.

lovely...

 

when i frequented VVOC they loved the supertourings, and holy grails of the st200's and rare red ones

53571_djxcsyjfx.jpg

53571_wdomwrjoy.jpg

53571_5opliolzz.jpg

53571_qkdoiuak9.jpg

53571_ldfmnf3.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, trigger said:

I had a day of mixed emotions on Friday, I sold my Dolomite to a farmer for close to the asking price

IMG_20220506_174710.thumb.jpg.054f6cf098566dbe9a75873fe8689716.jpg

I dropped it back to my dad's barn for the new buyer to collect it and to bring my Astra home

IMG_20220506_192948.thumb.jpg.65a98497a84829e460d3b09efc8eb95e.jpg

I was cruising down the A12 where I lost all its drive just as I passing Colchester and broke down on the side of the busy road. 

IMG_20220506_201859.thumb.jpg.f117ec0b7871194fe0c13ef76695ab04.jpg

Where I ended up having to call Essex police for a road closure and a tow behind a BMW 550 to a BP garage. 

IMG_20220506_205609.thumb.jpg.0fd61671d78ce29aab102a057f2b9d73.jpg

Thankfully dad turned up with some tools and a tow pole where we found the spring for the points had snapped and he had to tow me home, I've now ordered a few ignition set up for about £15 so should be back on the road again. 

I'm now not sure if I should spend some money and get the car professionally painted on both sides to really smarten it up or just buy something else, trouble is everything is so bloody expensive at the moment, cars I was paying £2000 for a couple of years ago are now £7000+.

I was bidding on this 8000 mile Ital which was the car that made me want to sell the Dolly in the first place and that sold for £7000 in auction :(

1355E6A1-BCC2-47E0-8F4B-617970B3D9B9-scaled-e1649866535258.thumb.jpeg.2660c754220753b412a7b2592ad0bbbd.jpeg

Love the Astra, sorry to hear that it broke down but good it's nothing major. I was watching that Ital and thought it finished on Thursday at £4500, did the bidding get extended or something? I tried to place a bid within the last couple of minutes but their site went down.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dayno said:

Love the Astra, sorry to hear that it broke down but good it's nothing major. I was watching that Ital and thought it finished on Thursday at £4500, did the bidding get extended or something? I tried to place a bid within the last couple of minutes but their site went down.

Same happened to me, i went to put £5000 on and it just crashed and kept reloading, apparently the car actually caused the website to crash! They extended it for 3 days starting from £4500, they didn't tell any of the bidders though, quality website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cavcraft said:

Erm, seem to have bought an old Vauxhall...

May be an image of car and outdoors

...a 2.0 Super Touring. It's pretty bad body work wise (the kit didn't do them any favours) but they're a rare old thing now.

Oh my god. emoticon-0115-inlove.gif

Well bought. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, paulplom said:

Get yourself a criminal record sharpish. You won't have to do it then.

Or just ignore the summons, it's not sent recorded or signed for so you never received it! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey @sutty2006

New head new headset new sump new nozzles new MAP new belts new gaskets.

Purring. Boost is back baby.

Figured having carefully stored a spare engine for years I should use some of it.

Screenshot_20220509-183847_Ecosia.thumb.jpg.4093b894f71695fc54b069f09ffad38e.jpg

Shiny new ticket on it and all. Even taxed it. 

16521931690575430580511633636268.thumb.jpg.88515bfd79b2df3d1b8b8a208f0c2e6d.jpg

8k till the big 250. Should do that this year.

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, scdan4 said:

Hey @sutty2006

New head new headset new sump new nozzles new MAP new belts new gaskets.

 

Purring. Boost is back baby.

Figured having carefully stored a spare engine for years I should use some of it.

Screenshot_20220509-183847_Ecosia.thumb.jpg.4093b894f71695fc54b069f09ffad38e.jpg

Shiny new ticket on it and all. Even taxed it. 

16521931690575430580511633636268.thumb.jpg.88515bfd79b2df3d1b8b8a208f0c2e6d.jpg

8k till the big 250. Should do that this year.

 

 

 

 

This is grand news! 
 

let me know when I can buy it back 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, stuboy said:

lovely...

 

when i frequented VVOC they loved the supertourings, and holy grails of the st200's and rare red ones

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sadly, the interior in this one has been had off (by a previous owner, years ago) and replaced with fairly basic model seats. A GSi interior or half-leathers from an SRi would probably improve it. The body work is quite shit too, sadly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Dyslexic Viking said:

We are on a tractor buying trip today 

20220510_154922.thumb.jpg.8c414346620f9d66e14eb28ec8df8c3d.jpg

And we're home. I'm quite excited as this is my first encounter with a vehicle built and developed under communism and the first impression is good. This is a 1976 Zetor 2511 which I think was Zetor's smallest model in the 1970s it has a 1.6 liter 2 cylinder diesel engine with 25 horse power and was built in Czechoslovakia.  And it's going to be used in my dad's company.

20220510_193135.thumb.jpg.43c1baefcece2adf527390bdfee10695.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...