The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

1 hour ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Yes that's why I told Wifey not to use it until I've drained it. 

Looks like thin oil is being forced out of the oil filter housing!

20210818_172238.jpg

20210818_172244.jpg

Just take 3l out and put 2l fresh in. Next weekend do the same, the weekend after do the same and it'll be a self changing oil system

9 hours ago, Ghosty said:

A chap near me (another Honda guy as it happens) has a tidy dark blue one with a for sale sign in the window, tan leather inside. It only appears now and then but if I see it again I can get some details? No idea what he wants for it though. 

Looking for a project type gtv, prices are going up so hope to get one before they go the way of the X1/9...

58 minutes ago, Barry Cade said:

Looking for a project type gtv, prices are going up so hope to get one before they go the way of the X1/9...

I may know of a convertible twin cam for sale in Fife. Non runner with some electrical issues if you're feeling brave...

9 hours ago, Asimo said:

Did anyone ever do a strip tachometer?

This was a question asked in eBay cars, but I didn't want to answer it there.

Yes a Citroen BX Mk1 Digit when fitted with Tachometer.

This is the one I knew, but I am thinking there will be others?

@Crackers

Edit

It seems if you fancy a strip Tachometer some Renault 11, 19 and 21s with digital dash had them.

rev counter BX 16v.jpg

29 minutes ago, dome said:

I may know of a convertible twin cam for sale in Fife. Non runner with some electrical issues if you're feeling brave...

I know of a convertible in rural Aberdeenshire, somewhere near Lawrencekirk. I think it's been in that particular hedge for a number of years, as I remember seeing it at SF18...

35 minutes ago, Six-cylinder said:

This was a question asked in eBay cars, but I didn't want to answer it there.

Yes a Citroen BX Mk1 Digit when fitted with Tachometer.

This is the one I knew, but I am thinking there will be others?

@Crackers

Edit

It seems if you fancy a strip Tachometer some Renault 11, 19 and 21s with digital dash had them.

rev counter BX 16v.jpg

No ribbon involved there, though?

8 hours ago, High Jetter said:

The strip 'dials' seemed SO modern back then. Analogue is now imitated by digital. Is that progress or regression?

Back when it was just an old banger I used to own a 1968 Rover 2000TC, I never really liked its ribbon speedo and for added oddness the conventional round Tachometer looked out of place. I guess because the lowly Austin 1100 had a strip speedo my Rover should have nice round dials as came with the facelift, but as a student I couldn't afford the later car.