Jump to content

The new news 24 thread


Recommended Posts

All ye jesters with your R50/3s, I BITE MY THUMB AT YOU.

I possess an R56. On mine tits it doth weigh in excess. My knitting be ripp'd whence the start button is pressed and yon shitbox proclaime'th loudly via audible warning symbols that the o2 sensor hath passed from this life into the next and that the screenwash flagon be barren dry whenst not even longer than yestermorn I did'st be diddled of six groats for 4 quarts of Unipart's guest ale and replenish it forthwith.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The last Bini I bought chucked all its coolant out before I’d even got it on the truck at Belle Vue auctions.

Got it back, sorted out the mechanical issues and valeted it to within an inch of its life.

A day later, the Calor driver dropped 4 full 47kg propane bottles on the fucker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, NorthernMonkey said:

The last Bini I bought chucked all its coolant out before I’d even got it on the truck at Belle Vue auctions.

Got it back, sorted out the mechanical issues and valeted it to within an inch of its life.

A day later, the Calor driver dropped 4 full 47kg propane bottles on the fucker and improved its looks no end.

FTFY

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vince70 said:

It looks like I paid way over the odds for mine as it was £350 lol

Its just the handbrake light on honest lol.

 

 

BFAF295C-8E95-4762-9BEC-3C5D039F073C.jpeg

3CB6C9B7-6E6D-4DE8-8E57-1CB8CBB7E15A.jpeg

034745B8-B6AB-4A75-826F-02D36469DAA6.jpeg

Can I have 1st refusal ? It would confuse my daughter. (this is hers - I also have 1st refusal.  Mainly because I own the gearbox. 

2017-03-10 13.29.15.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Horopito Motors!

https://youtu.be/aFqxMK0Ex0U 

Amazing place. A bit overwhelming too. Land must be cheap to own/rent in NZ to leave those vehicles uncrushed! I reckon you could have got two videos out of that for more ad revenue (says someone who doesn't really understand how it works...)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

All ye jesters with your R50/3s, I BITE MY THUMB AT YOU.

I possess an R56. On mine tits it doth weigh in excess. My knitting be ripp'd whence the start button is pressed and yon shitbox proclaime'th loudly via audible warning symbols that the o2 sensor hath passed from this life into the next and that the screenwash flagon be barren dry whenst not even longer than yestermorn I did'st be diddled of six groats for 4 quarts of Unipart's guest ale and replenish it forthwith.

 

You forgot to log in as Samuel Pepys Esq

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, stuboy said:

i worked there till they sold it... do you have a connection?

I almost studied there, but in the end didn't go 'cos I couldn't afford to get a car and drive there from Faversham every day (so went to Kent Uni instead - bus)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, egg said:

Amazing place. A bit overwhelming too. Land must be cheap to own/rent in NZ to leave those vehicles uncrushed! I reckon you could have got two videos out of that for more ad revenue (says someone who doesn't really understand how it works...)

Yeah, that's got to be worth a revisit without the microphone woes and rain, seemed to be plenty more there that wasn't featured.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

That’s rough. Really sorry to hear that. Our Thoughts are with you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

My sympathies. Lost mine 4 years ago last week, she was 93 but it still hurts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

I’m so sorry to hear your sad news. My mum passed away 3 1/2 years ago. It’s shit... like really really shit but it becomes bearable, I promise. It takes time and you have a beautiful family to help you through. Both me and @brownnova are always here if you need us.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

So sorry to hear this. Hope comfort will come from remembering the good times. If we can help in any way, please let us know.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cms206 said:

My mum passed away today. She was 70.

I was only speaking to her on Tuesday afternoon.

Our relationship was never perfect... we were too alike and pig headed.

It fucking hurts.

Tell your mum you love her if you're lucky enough to still have her.

Condolences Cms. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2019 at 9:04 AM, jamiechod said:

Fitted some new wheels to the wife's tt, she said thanks but they look shit. What do you think? 

20191109_085025.jpg

I think the designer of the car will be thinking "That looks shit"

I think the chassis design team will be thinking "That will be shit"

I think they look shit. 

And I'm pretty sure that functionally they will do nothing for the ride or handling. 

We really need a before picture.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, New POD said:

I think the designer of the car will be thinking "That looks shit"

I think the chassis design team will be thinking "That will be shit"

I think they look shit. 

And I'm pretty sure that functionally they will do nothing for the ride or handling. 

We really need a before picture.

 

They're long gone now back on its original ones 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Got a few jobs done today:

First, parked up the Bini in the naughty corner.

Tried out my new o2 sensor socket:

20191115_092652.thumb.jpg.ad99302e80065df45a27e6b93def0995.jpg

Works well and access is just the right angle to get an extension and breaker bar on it.

Some bracketry needs to be removed to get access to the plug on the loom.

20191115_093607.thumb.jpg.1d4a514f8cea7212e6c833bfdd1a1736.jpg20191115_093611.thumb.jpg.b0069b8ab65f8b63f2ad47b74d422763.jpg

Doesn't look too sooty, 12 years of exhaust and some oil puffs will have tired it out. I'm keeping it as a spare however.

20191115_093938.thumb.jpg.be2cc54859bcd1deb2099f65f781f1ad.jpg

Just waiting on the new sensor arriving now.

Mrs_Pin is back in the Clio again, bad times when an R56 is backed up by a 172!

Got a 2nd hand door seal for the Audi. This is where it was leaking, right on the join twixt hood and pillar.20191111_165307.thumb.jpg.f9712c0a7c06dcd85f55e51f6907dbd1.jpg

Had to undo this screw:

20191115_100424.thumb.jpg.a1c46ba10a22be86afd4bc6b98185c12.jpg

Old one came off easy enough.

20191115_101122.thumb.jpg.65ec0214cbab75c4a16b5ad3cac5f495.jpg

Managed not to break this plastic membrane inside the old seal as the replacement one didnt have it.

20191115_101111.thumb.jpg.804dfd98d17daf8d9d3243a6f0f73628.jpg

You can see the thin flange (quiet at the back)  which is warped and split on the old seal on the left:

20191115_101322.thumb.jpg.a99ae5364c8eaf007ef49889265ccdcc.jpg

The new one was an absolute hoor to get on though, I had to get in touch with my inner Giant Haystacks to get the strength to push it on at the windscreen pillar area.

20191115_112701.thumb.jpg.36a164b586f1f24d3d9ee8370ca562a5.jpg20191115_112714.thumb.jpg.355017625f0235fa22be5140c5bd6ae9.jpg

Lashed it with water and no leaks thus far.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...