The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

12 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

I don't quite understand why they targeted people who have made the decision to actually use public transport. Just odd behaviour.

In other news, I'm heading to London myself on Monday for the start of this big adventure to NZ thing. Feels very odd locking this lot away.

EHGDz-RXYAMFBpa.jpg

Also said goodbye to the cat, and my ex (even though we're still connected via HubNut). Most of my life is now in boxes. I'm enjoying one last night of big stereo (Liquid Drum and Bass it is then) before packing that away, then the edit suite. Have a few days to gently reflect before the big off.

Safe travels chap, sounds like it's all getting quite real for you now.

Most of the time I love running a fleet of old crocks... today however I need to travel to an important meeting for which lateness would be bad. Mrs_b has taken (and rightly so) the good Saab.

So I’m left with the choice of 

Recently fixed and slightly untested Mazda

Badly dented Saab

2CV - which leaks in the forecast rain and might take me a long time to get there... 

Choices choices :lol:

I'm off to a funeral in a mo. Nothing serious/personal, just my mother in law's neighbour - they'd lived next door to each other for a hundred years or somesuch & Margaret was truly ancient. Anyway, the weather looks just right for a proper rainy, windswept graveside moment. I've got my brolly, my thick black woollen coat and some very dark sunglasses - I do love a good funeral.

Can't say I'm bonding with the Octavia Scout. It's a decent car and comfy enough but it's not me. I'll either keep on improving it and get an MOT on it (it expires the end of next month) and then flog it in time for OMGSNOKAOS or sell it to @Fraz on here who's struggling to fit his new mutt in his Octavia hatch.

Either way I think it's time to scratch an itch-I want to put Clio 182 running gear into a Kangoo van. It's not as daft as it sounds, the running gear bolts in and if you swap the loom over from the Clio you'll retain all the toys like cruise control. A Clio 182 will do near on 40mpg on a run too. Plus, doing a  cambelt will be a damn site easier with the engine out.

1 hour ago, barefoot said:

I'm off to a funeral in a mo. Nothing serious/personal, just my mother in law's neighbour - they'd lived next door to each other for a hundred years or somesuch & Margaret was truly ancient. Anyway, the weather looks just right for a proper rainy, windswept graveside moment. I've got my brolly, my thick black woollen coat and some very dark sunglasses - I do love a good funeral.

"Always Go To Other People’s Funerals — Otherwise, They Won’t Come To Yours" is one of my favourite Yogi-isms

Another car park dent on the Mondeo, the front door now after someone did the rear door last year. I was actually in the car at the time. But it was an old dear, and to be honest, I couldn't see a mark at the time (it was raining), so didn't make a fuss. Dammit.

She just opened her door too far, and clunk...

Remember the bumper has also been scraped twice and the mirror glass knocked off. 

Never had a car be so unlucky.

23 hours ago, dome said:

I think it's time to scratch an itch-I want to put Clio 182 running gear into a Kangoo van. It's not as daft as it sounds, the running gear bolts in and if you swap the loom over from the Clio you'll retain all the toys like cruise control. A Clio 182 will do near on 40mpg on a run too. Plus, doing a  cambelt will be a damn site easier with the engine out.

I had a thought the other day, as Dacia Sanderos are clio based I wonder if the same motor would fit one of those! 

On 10/18/2019 at 1:18 PM, dome said:

Can't say I'm bonding with the Octavia Scout. It's a decent car and comfy enough but it's not me. I'll either keep on improving it and get an MOT on it (it expires the end of next month) and then flog it in time for OMGSNOKAOS or sell it to @Fraz on here who's struggling to fit his new mutt in his Octavia hatch.

Either way I think it's time to scratch an itch-I want to put Clio 182 running gear into a Kangoo van. It's not as daft as it sounds, the running gear bolts in and if you swap the loom over from the Clio you'll retain all the toys like cruise control. A Clio 182 will do near on 40mpg on a run too. Plus, doing a  cambelt will be a damn site easier with the engine out.

There was one on eBay last week, @Jim Bell did you win it?

On 10/17/2019 at 7:10 PM, dollywobbler said:

I'm enjoying one last night of big stereo (Liquid Drum and Bass it is then)

This fancy of yours in muzak, might explain (well, at least a bit) your mobility choices.

An enforced separation in the Antipodes may well bring you to your senses :-)

Probably not though! :signs053:

Niggles and more niggles later, we are cruising again!!

Florian the 924 had it's two front brake calipers refurbished, a fuel return above the rear axle fixed, alternator aligned and also a much-need idle screw rubber.

Apart from trying to get the old plugs out and replacing them as I'm sure they'll need I've been able to give the old 924 the treatment he loves and very much deserves, a damn good thrashing.

All are happy.

Oh, we are very wet inside because one job on the list is to clear the sunroof drains. The garage park him outside even in the rain, so he's piss wet though inside.

Again, a damn good thrashing will help dry him out.

20191019_133258.jpg