The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

On 7/25/2019 at 5:09 PM, dozeydustman said:

It would appear BT has finally fixed the phone lines in my area; I've had nearly a whole 24 hours with landline and internet now.

No internet from 10pm Thursday until 6 am this morning. We've spoken to plus net and the fault isn't them. Neighbours have had sporadic telephone connection as well. BT shows no issues in my area.

All 3 of us are now out of mobile data, I'm out of inclusive minutes.

Bumhats.

8 minutes ago, dozeydustman said:

No internet from 10pm Thursday until 6 am this morning. We've spoken to plus net and the fault isn't them. Neighbours have had sporadic telephone connection as well. BT shows no issues in my area.

All 3 of us are now out of mobile data, I'm out of inclusive minutes.

Bumhats.

If the internet isn't working and you're paying whoever (plusnet) for this, then surely it is up to them fix it.
That is unless your line rental is from someone else, and the fault is the line, then it's their issue.

8 hours ago, egg said:

Just renewed my photocard driving licence - so easy now online - if you have a passport, you just put the number in and big brother updates your replacement photocard with your passport photo!

I did this recently, the daft thing is that my passport is 8 years old, so my driving licence photo has only updated from 10 years ago to 8 years ago! 

9 hours ago, skattrd said:

If the internet isn't working and you're paying whoever (plusnet) for this, then surely it is up to them fix it.
That is unless your line rental is from someone else, and the fault is the line, then it's their issue.

It's also affecting a number of my immediate neighbours, wife has been on the phone to Plusnet most of the morning trying to resolve the issue, and they have raised several jobs with BT to sort the localised interruption. As my neighbours use a number of phone suppliers they have also been affected.

I'm just wondering if the green box down the road has a fault in it.

CX twin fans now working properly again after soldering session, followed by relaxed test float via Mill Hill East, Totteridge, and back via Golders Green ('tis Shabbat, so roads are clear and safer to drive)

Now waiting for something else to fail....oh wait, hang on..... the left-hand fan has lost its mount and is leaning away from the radiator.....#feckthat ....cable tie should sort that for now.....#shiterepair

today we did some more fiddling with the black mini 1000.

last weekend we got the reversing switch replaced. and i broke one of the bulbs when i put them back in.

prior to that, the lights had been coming on a lot especially when the car was in top gear, so to fix* it i'd taken the bulbs out of the fittings. so, after been around just about every motor factors in the district and been told that the fat 21w bulbs out of the back of the car were no longer available, a quick look on ebay said otherwise.

once ordered, a jiffy bag dropped though my door, containing one of these. well no, actually several cos for the cost of sending one, i thought i'd have a spare too.

178716946_2019-07-2715_51_49.thumb.jpg.be9c3aec3dbffc1d3205bacb115970b5.jpg

which when slipped into place, made this happen. admittedly, as these lights have been wired up in series there was one working already, having both lights coming on makes me very happy indeed.

1442420652_2019-07-2715_50_48.thumb.jpg.3f4108e5bcfb536c6905d8bd2d394390.jpg

and as well as the bulbs, these arrived too. 

545883126_2019-07-2715_51_11.thumb.jpg.88d6ccc9b4dbba30d4bf6ed2194a6da6.jpg

a silly bit of tat, i know, but still in period with the rest of the car.

14 hours ago, dozeydustman said:

It's also affecting a number of my immediate neighbours, wife has been on the phone to Plusnet most of the morning trying to resolve the issue, and they have raised several jobs with BT to sort the localised interruption. As my neighbours use a number of phone suppliers they have also been affected.

I'm just wondering if the green box down the road has a fault in it.

If you want to make sure it's the green box, the best way is to get someone to crash into it.

I have just enquired about something big and wafty. The seller told me it's now on ebay and I'm watching it, hoping that it will achieve winning bid price of less than it's advertised for.

My wife will hate it though. 

It may all come to nothing as well.

#vagueposting

P.s. Its not a 75, not even close!

P.p.s. I have the Majorette scale model of it.

23 minutes ago, auld_ALS said:

I have just enquired about something big and wafty. The seller told me it's now on ebay and I'm watching it, hoping that it will achieve winning bid price of less than it's advertised for.

My wife will hate it though. 

It may all come to nothing as well.

#vagueposting

P.s. Its not a 75, not even close!

P.p.s. I have the Majorette scale model of it.

An XJ6, finally?