The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

It's a brand new build, inspired by Roth stuff, he's been documenting it over on the blue forum.  Based on a Beetle and one of the best based-on-a-Beetle things I've seen in quite a while.  Got nothing but admiration for someone who builds a thing that far out these days and makes such a nice job of it.

£950 later, we have this.
Roll hoop, two year old hood, two sets of wheels, daises and 15" MX3 wheels, upgraded HT leads, a Bluetooth radio and adjustable coilovers. Blows any D-Series I have out of the water. Feels like more than 115bhp! People that say these are slow are mental.
I love it!38ed44cc0006c496784dfdc92588dd8d.jpg6d9f9389767baea26b47ec40b124d405.jpg

2 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Here's the first of my Shitefest videos. Wuvvum's shonky CX. Drives FAR better than it looks (sorry about the tyre squeal).

2 hours ago, SiC said:

To be fair that isn't much of a challenge! The fact it can go around a corner is enough to be better than it looks. 

To be fair, my CX occasionally feels like it has trouble doing that at speed, and then the suspension stabilises at the last minute.

I thought I better clean the old E36 up today as I haven’t used it for about 9 months and it was looking very sorry for itself as it’s been sitting up the side of my bungalow and it’s booked in for an mot tomorrow so it’s fingers crossed but it might need a tyre.

If I wasn’t lazy I could of used the spare as it comes from a time when BMW would put a full size Alloy in the boot but the tyre on that looks like the 23 year old original so I guess it’s past it’s best.

Also I thought I better take the jacking point plugs off an give them another good dose of grease.

B1AF6E10-5304-4857-98E5-5B938EAA7412.jpeg

9D8FE786-BF0C-417F-A576-EC5A98416701.jpeg

6C5F55AD-19CE-41CE-8FB4-5C29D8250ECF.jpeg

2 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Here's the first of my Shitefest videos. Wuvvum's shonky CX. Drives FAR better than it looks (sorry about the tyre squeal).

It does have very squealy tyres on the front for some reason.  Can be a bit embarrassing on roundabouts.