Jump to content
Father Ted

The new news 24 thread

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, tommotech said:

MOT pass, with a clean sheet. I do enjoy this little beauty. 

BB06C9AF-E24A-4B18-9FE3-ECC19F71E2DE.thumb.jpeg.a958176a66244cd616127e0be3ef24ee.jpeg

My favourite style front to the Midget and yours is a fantastic colour! I like a lot. 

If you ever do come to sell, please let me know!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, Christine said:

 

 

 

 

On 5/6/2019 at 5:22 PM, Yoss said:

The icons at the top right of the mobile screen are now visible. At least they are on this phone. 

Screenshot_20190506_172204_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7a494d6a9771a8ebaeeaf99b22d6c9e4.jpg

 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:39 PM, Christine said:

Just called in to a friends for my tomato plants..and she's been dragging out her old Mini Clubman.. :-D

 

  Utterly hanging, :-(   but the   interior is spot on !! Last used 1990

 

  

 

post-17940-0-15231100-1555770659_thumb.jpg

 

post-17940-0-14649900-1555770687_thumb.jpg

 

post-17940-0-92884100-1555770720_thumb.jpg

 

post-17940-0-12765900-1555770762_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

There's more cars yet   to be pulled out too !  

 

C reg MGB ,(also very hanging ).  

post-17940-0-84193400-1555770803_thumb.jpg

 

 

 

1964 D reg Austin Mini Traveller (hanging )

 

post-17940-0-48826100-1555770846_thumb.jpg

 

post-17940-0-04230000-1555770866_thumb.jpg

 

1968  F  reg Morris 1000 Traveller (hanging ex farm hack)    

 

post-17940-0-54115500-1555770921_thumb.jpg

 

They're all rotten..and seized. Bridge or have value ?

 

No visitors.. the mg has a spare 3 bearing engine ..condition unknown

All now scrapped...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Local show visited yesterday. Something about having one on a Saturday that makes it feel a bit more informal.

IMG_6212.thumb.JPG.00f61261922ed93193bd947e4904c062.JPG

I wasn't the only ASer there, Colin had bought his splendid Cortina along and it was great to catch up with him.

IMG_6177.thumb.JPG.7c64ed2d32165947106f3d8dc13caa26.JPG

I think the owner of this lovely Cavalier is/was a member here too.

IMG_6232.thumb.JPG.c9786106d3ff1342b96f17a803d16bc1.JPG

Quite a mix of stuff in attendance, the club who'd organised it have a membership with a wide range of 'proper' racing cars and classics. Some modern hi-po stuff there too.

IMG_6225.thumb.JPG.648a864204a0de66fb6b261913ce1fbc.JPG

Good to see cars with plenty of patina there, like these:

IMG_6171.thumb.JPG.ee0abe5fb25ce4c35411242f17930920.JPG

IMG_6216.thumb.JPG.48983e3de1f73bbb403c96456a9b20f8.JPG

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.e2d01ffd75bcefd7dcbc5f9184bae37c.JPG

My photos don't do the Alvis justice (a 1948 TA14 apparently). It was certainly a car with character.

At the other extreme, there were things like a 1906 Darracq with copious amounts of brass and wickerwork and this immaculate FG with just 32k on the clock.

IMG_6161.thumb.JPG.4ed69edcafe708dc7ec13727e126f749.JPG

An enjoyable trip out.

In other news, I'm currently pricing-up new tyres for a couple of members of my fleet. Turns out I can get a full set of four fitted to the Sunny for less than the price of just one preferred choice of Michelin on the RX.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Local show visited yesterday. Something about having one on a Saturday that makes it feel a bit more informal.

IMG_6212.thumb.JPG.00f61261922ed93193bd947e4904c062.JPG

I wasn't the only ASer there, Colin had bought his splendid Cortina along and it was great to catch up with him.

IMG_6177.thumb.JPG.7c64ed2d32165947106f3d8dc13caa26.JPG

I think the owner of this lovely Cavalier is/was a member here too.

IMG_6232.thumb.JPG.c9786106d3ff1342b96f17a803d16bc1.JPG

Quite a mix of stuff in attendance, the club who'd organised it have a membership with a wide range of 'proper' racing cars and classics. Some modern hi-po stuff there too.

IMG_6225.thumb.JPG.648a864204a0de66fb6b261913ce1fbc.JPG

Good to see cars with plenty of patina there, like these:

IMG_6171.thumb.JPG.ee0abe5fb25ce4c35411242f17930920.JPG

IMG_6216.thumb.JPG.48983e3de1f73bbb403c96456a9b20f8.JPG

IMG_6214.thumb.JPG.e2d01ffd75bcefd7dcbc5f9184bae37c.JPG

My photos don't do the Alvis justice (a 1948 TA14 apparently). It was certainly a car with character.

At the other extreme, there were things like a 1906 Darracq with copious amounts of brass and wickerwork and this immaculate FG with just 32k on the clock.

IMG_6161.thumb.JPG.4ed69edcafe708dc7ec13727e126f749.JPG

An enjoyable trip out.

In other news, I'm currently pricing-up new tyres for a couple of members of my fleet. Turns out I can get a full set of four fitted to the Sunny for less than the price of just one preferred choice of Michelin on the RX.....

The

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Angrydicky said:

Wish I'd gone to Fressingfield now Nigel. I honestly thought it would be virtually all sports and racing cars so didn't bother!

There was enough there to keep us occupied for the middle part of the day. They were relaxed about people coming and going whenever, so we didn't have to commit to the whole thing.

Perhaps we should try and organise something for a few of us next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/31/2019 at 9:10 PM, vulgalour said:

 a French car with too many things in the way of the thing you're trying to fix.

Never a truer word. The way this thing is going the correct instruction in the HBOL should be "remove car from engine". Literally everything is attached to everything else by inaccessible fasteners.

39273809245_0f3f767913_c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is it with people deliberately bidding on cars out of sheer malice with no intention to buy? I got one bid on the XJS and within 5 mins of the auction ending the guy says he never had any intention to buy the car. Strange business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Broadsword said:

What is it with people deliberately bidding on cars out of sheer malice with no intention to buy? I got one bid on the XJS and within 5 mins of the auction ending the guy says he never had any intention to buy the car. Strange business.

He will if you sue him. After all, auction rules, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 9:25 AM, Spottedlaurel said:

I think the owner of this lovely Cavalier is/was a member here too

Cavboy80 owns that two door Cavalier.  He hasn't visited the forum since December, but there's no change of keeper recently so he presumably still owns it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m now at my parents after leaving coombe this morning..

cold and wet last night, so an impromptu make a curry for fifty people in the marquee took place. Much drink was drunk.

Now I’ve transferred half of what was in the 2cv into the x1/9 to drive home tomorrow. And the exhaust now has a rattle at idle, but not at speed.

3860BBF6-2A25-436E-8BB6-11DC00D9EF78.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally got round to replacing the horrible windscreen cowl. Easy as to take off and replace and makes a massive difference. There was broke up and crumbly bits of the old one underneath so I cleaned it off before putting it all back. Also degreased the engine a few days ago and it doesn't leak at all, nice and bone dry. The rear washer jet pipe has been knocked off so a quick job to access it from the rear, and popped it back on and cable ties it, I now have a correct spray on the rear!

 

Ordered a new window regulator for the driver side as it is crunchy and sometimes stops. £15 new, and it isn't a hard job at all, so that's next on my list. Next month a full gearbox oil change and filter. It's a lovely smooth motor.

IMG_20190603_162905.jpg

IMG_20190603_164651.jpg

IMG_20190603_163601.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had an interesting day yesterday. I went to a nearby workshop to drop off a car for six_cylinder, and ended up driving their Iveco flatbed up to North Lincolnshire to collect a doom blue Zafira which is needed to be destroyed on film today.

This is the last image Billy sees in his dreams before he wakes up in a cold sweat, shaking uncontrollably.

IMG_20190603_171332185.thumb.jpg.b5667f5b9c933680d8f5f0783cb511a6.jpg

For all the Iveco naysayers, this one was fine. Apart from an orange engine light. And a flashing red one. And kangarooing down the road for ten minutes after starting before the engine decided to stop spluttering and behave. And apart from needing to solve three riddles before a troll would grant you access to second gear. And rattling and shaking in the cab like two skeletons wanking a biscuit tin and a filing cabinet, inside a cement mixer. Or something.

Other than that, it was ace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not the same doom blue zafira recently sold by Ruffgeezer was it?

Bet Chris wondered where the heck you'd got to, the fastest I've ever done MK to Lincolnshire is an hur and 10 minutes... (although the A1 isn't 50mph anymore by the A14 so that could be beaten now, just not in my current car...)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, beko1987 said:

Not the same doom blue zafira recently sold by Ruffgeezer was it?

Bet Chris wondered where the heck you'd got to, the fastest I've ever done MK to Lincolnshire is an hur and 10 minutes... (although the A1 isn't 50mph anymore by the A14 so that could be beaten now, just not in my current car...)

It wasn't Tim's, it was from a garage up somewhere in Skattrdland. It was three and a half hours each way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My neighbour, the mysterious Dr Torque appears to have got rid of the 03 plate Toyota Corolla he's been using as a shed.

It was collected on a flat bed truck early this morning.

Early?

The idling of the big diesel truck woke me up at 01:30 - FFS

Wasn't one of you lot was it?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well my expert* repair to the Lancia's fuel filler pipe using an empty energy drink can, some imitation Tiger Seal (still £7.49 a cartridge mind) and a couple of Jubilee clips supplemented by cable ties appears to have worked.  Obvs it's not a long term solution (I doubt it'd pass an MOT like that for one thing) but I've just tipped a jerrycan of petrol in without any of it pissing out, so the old crate is mobile again, at least temporarily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, barefoot said:

My neighbour, the mysterious Dr Torque appears to have got rid of the 03 plate Toyota Corolla he's been using as a shed.

It was collected on a flat bed truck early this morning.

Early?

The idling of the big diesel truck woke me up at 01:30 - FFS

Wasn't one of you lot was it?

 

Are you sure he knows it's gone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I put the contents of this can into The Aero's A/C system today, as although the system was still working, it hadn't been regassed since just before I bought the car in 2016 and I was convinced it could have been a lot colder than it was: 

D8S9oYDWsAEyraJ.thumb.jpg.30cbb1a4aecd8cfe7149abd8cee1f103.jpg

Here's the result:

D8TH2mTXoAE_Eaw.thumb.jpg.c29f697809495cbe4524e304e8ae34b5.jpg

A pretty good result for £20 and ten minutes' work :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Amazon special? I've bought a couple since the Halfords ones went to 60 quid!

eBay.  Slightly cheaper than Amazon:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Aircon-Air-Con-Air-Conditioning-Top-Up-Recharge-Refill-Regas-DIY-Gas-Can/233216262626

I had the application hose/pressure gauge already, so all I had to do was pay for the can :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...