The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

Hey that looks really nice. Cosmic blue. I had a 9-3 hatchback like it once. Turbo? Is it staying in the fold, I might want to keep tabs on that.

6 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

That looks great man, well acquired. Love the colour. 

2 minutes ago, Broadsword said:

Hey that looks really nice. Cosmic blue. I had a 9-3 hatchback like it once. Turbo? Is it staying in the fold, I might want to keep tabs on that.

Cheers lads, it really is a lovely motor, one of those cars I've instantly taken to.  It is indeed a 2.0 turbo, auto gearbox. Feels a lot quicker than the stated 154hp,  MOT history is immaculate. It's been well looked after.  And yes, all my cars will stay in the fold if I can help it! 

There's a local haulage company who run tippers that have an open day every year near me. Quite an interesting company in that he won't run modern trucks but instead keeps a fleet of fodens on the road. He buys them in, completely rebuilds them and they go out on the fleet. He won't touch modern rubbish. Dragged my mate out to have a mooch round, it's all done to raise money for the local air ambulance. Some lovely old trucks there, I can remember driving some similar ones when they were new.

IMG_20190504_135431.jpg

IMG_20190504_140504.jpg

IMG_20190504_140526.jpg

IMG_20190504_140512.jpg

IMG_20190504_140607.jpg

IMG_20190504_140602.jpg

IMG_20190504_135529.jpg

IMG_20190504_135715.jpg

Rain stopped. Shoved new 77Ah battery in, but not quick enough to beat the rain. Soaked to skin, but we have a.....start!

Managed to get CX out for run before the end of Shabbat (after which all the crazy driving starts again). Looking good for CX Technical Weekend. Washing it might help....

IMG_20190504_195809.jpg

1 hour ago, egg said:

When is she putting Golf bits on it? 

Well after yesterday’s non attendance of tyres on the drive, I had a slot of 12-2 today offered. He’s just left having arrived around 4! I was going to recommend them, but won’t for now- when he did turn up he was fine and quick though.

checking on line whilst waiting, my local merit tyre in the village was exactly the same £60.96 before drive’s £10 off 2 Goodyears offer.

I was nosy while he was busy and looked at the other old tyres he’d replaced today. I think I was being extremely responsible in getting new tyres before they became illegal and not totally bald like two continentals he had. I mean totally - racing slicks wont have less tread. There were no grooves, markers or anything left.

3011C9D4-B940-4BB4-9A76-48C61EA50D04.jpeg

44 minutes ago, sims00 said:

Update on the Audi..

It's flipping awesome. I've covered 600 miles in the last few days due to family stuff (wedding things) and my god, it achieves a genuine 34mpg, which is staggering. Around town, mid to late 20's which, is again, brilliant. Hasn't used a drop of fluids, and there is pleasingly no leaks. It feels far quicker and throatier than the LS400 was, it's addictive.

Unsure how long I want to keep it, I do want an LPG conversion but, the mounting costs of a wedding mean it may not happen. However in the interim, tomorrow will bring some new tyres, as the rears are cracking, and the fronts are good. Will put them to the rear as there is a slightly different tyre size that should go on the front which I've found, so that will be sorted. I'll also sort the discs and pads out and fresh brake fluid, and some new number plates from Audi for the OEM look because I'm sad. 

Might..MIGHT be available very soon though. The sensible boring side of me has fallen in love with Jazoli's Avensis so, this could be available for cheaper than what Craig was selling it for. One negative though, driver door doesn't suddenly open from the inside. Think the cable or something has fallen off but I can't be bothered right now to take the door card off and put it back. Laziness.

Anyone thinking of buying this car, do it. Its awesome, speed and comfort 

More Vectra wiper problems. Coming back from Telford yesterday, the Vectras wiper problems gave Ma_Sterling a bit of a fright as the passenger side one failed again, the connecting rod had popped off again!

20190504_174523.thumb.jpg.c3ef2b235ee135f1f6701bae716ccead.jpg20190504_175004.thumb.jpg.3bd8c76945f668343420bec58e46a166.jpg20190504_174859.thumb.jpg.2f0b2cf87a7c0a9971f4225a73e88069.jpg

My previous attempt at repair resulted on the cable tie being cut as the rod has sharp edges:

20190504_174727.thumb.jpg.10b9849e449f00e5fde0b88e617268c0.jpg

I shall try and find another repair solution.

Spent the last wee while freshening up the interior of the saab, who the fuck specs cream everything in a new car, I wouldn't be able to sleep trying to keep the dirt off it. Got some fancy leather restorer stuff coming tomorrow as well so going to give the seats a treat, they aren't too bad, just a bit dry and cracked in places. Also going to give the carpets a shampoo. It's looking pretty nice already so will be a nice place to sit when all done. I really like this car, had some nice chod in the past year or so, but there's something about this one. 

IMG_20190505_191740616_HDR~2.jpg

9 minutes ago, SRi05 said:

Spent the last wee while freshening up the interior of the saab, who the fuck specs cream everything in a new car, I wouldn't be able to sleep trying to keep the dirt off it. Got some fancy leather restorer stuff coming tomorrow as well so going to give the seats a treat, they aren't too bad, just a bit dry and cracked in places. Also going to give the carpets a shampoo. It's looking pretty nice already so will be a nice place to sit when all done. I really like this car, had some nice chod in the past year or so, but there's something about this one. 

IMG_20190505_191740616_HDR~2.jpg

That's ace. 

Got my first Saab in October. It was never really a car that jumped out to me, but its a really nice machine. 

They're astonishing value at the minute... 

4 minutes ago, davehedgehog31 said:

That's ace. 

Got my first Saab in October. It was never really a car that jumped out to me, but its a really nice machine. 

They're astonishing value at the minute... 

Aye, they have a cult following on here, but I've never thought to myself "I really must have a Saab one day" 

More fool me cos its ace 

57 minutes ago, holbeck said:

I got the local garagist to sort the clutch on the C15.  Today was the first time I've used it.

20190505_151242.jpg

That doesn't look right, I occasionally panic when it looks like mine has dropped fluid, but so far it has always been where one of the dogs has peed on it.  I am dreading taking mine to the garage to find out what the screechy noise is.

Had a mini meet with these peoples..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1587506888241919/

Not met up for ages.. egg has met guy with mk2 mondeo, my missus is green pink focus, my silver as u all know, dark grey mk3 mondeo is st tdci, that flew( mind u on borrowed time on 150k with pump/injectors failing and dmf ( clutch just done at 800 sheckles), black focus dude has mk2 tina estate and other old motors.

20190504_165505.jpg

20190504_165631.jpg

20190504_165229.jpg

20190504_165147.jpg