The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

The BM needed a sidelight bulb. My local factor could not get one so I popped my ECP cherry.

On the phone "£22 mate on the shelf" however due to rampant inflation it had risen to £33 when I got there.

After pointing out that I was quoted £22 over the phone I was asked if I had a trade card - negatori was the answer, I got the part for the quoted price.

I am sure they must spin an empty beer bottle to decide what to charge you.

Our E39 angel eye side lights used something like those and the bulb came out of the holder. Bit fiddly IIRC. 12v/20w?

Replaced one rear upper control arm on the 620 this afternoon (finished work at 4pm as I went in earlier than usual) - went rather well and very pleased with my efforts as it's the first one I've ever done.

Other side's ball joint is fighting me all the way, however, and just will not pop out - pickle fork and a ruddy great 4lb lump hammer worked fine on one side, so why not on this ?

Bastard green car, that's why....

Well tried selling the C4 on here with no interest so lobbed it on gumtree for a laugh. Had the usual 100 quid mate, told him I could get 180 for it weighing it in. Yes that's what I'm going to do, how about £120? Some people must think you'r as thick as two planks. Anyway a local recovery place rang up and took it away for £200! Mega bonus, more than I advertised it on here for. First car I've scrapped in thirty years and doesn't really sit well with me but money is money. Bye bye little Citroen.96b9f7d23b379ff952a5aa2a334477ff.jpg
181ab54bded5a7f991b62b060fddbed2.jpg72bd84342c86b8e530b7fd03a538f5c6.jpg

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

The Gumtree scrap bellends I really don’t understand, are there that many people who don’t realise you can just call and have your car collected by a scrapper without the need for the middle man?

His line was it will save you the hassle mate. What hassle, go on internet, get price, arrange collection, simples. Anyway it's gone so can pay for the bits I've put on the Merc now!

I am now the owner of two 1995 BMW 3 serieses. Not for long, hopefully. The roffle for the 320 is going rather well.

The one I took ownership of today, from mr 17-Coffees, is a fine specimen of a 316 manual. BASE SPEC YO.

I put some spiffing wheel trims on it today, and replaced the spark plugs and leads. I forgot how much I liked this little car.

post-19977-0-58577900-1554315451_thumb.jpg

Mr Coffees added the little anime stickers peeking out the rear windows. I can't bring myself to remove them though, they're very nice quality.

Chrome GB placement has met a snag. Bootlid is slightly curved where I wanted to fit and letters too thick to bend to shape. The other alternative is next to the numberplate on the plastic panel.

Oh and can someone recommend a numberplate place that will do the correct age related font plates?

post-8687-0-23996700-1554317301_thumb.jpeg

The key word there is his. His fuel.

Tell him to jog on, it's not your problem.

tells me hes prepared to travel, but if not condition he expecting he wont be paying asking price, got a feeling hes gonna turn up and find fault, to knock me down

I think I would agree to that.

Then tell him, sorry they are sold when he turns up before offering some very similar wheels that are £30 more expensive.

i have a scruffier set, and 5 wheels instead of 4...... good idea

Chrome GB placement has met a snag. Bootlid is slightly curved where I wanted to fit and letters too thick to bend to shape. The other alternative is next to the numberplate on the plastic panel.

Oh and can someone recommend a numberplate place that will do the correct age related font plates?

Those E320 badges are a bit wonky... tbh I don't think a chrome GB badge would suit that car at all. Personally I'd just have the three pointer, and a magnetic GB badge to be used as and when necessary.

As for plates I used fancyplates show plate maker after seeing some plates HMC had made up from them, on a 205 that got passed around a bit.

Set the font box to one of the UK pre2001 options that you like, there are two variations of the 'classic' font and a third of that curvier font you often saw on VWs. I got some for my Volvo in I think B, and they're nice things. They aren't BS marked but they have a free text field that goes to the bottom of the plate you could conveniently put a BS number in if you wanted extra arse covering, though the plates on my Volvo went through an MOT just fine, as did the similar ones I put on my* old A4 quattro a while ago. Fast decent service, a nice amount of customisation and not too expensive.

Those E320 badges are a bit wonky... tbh I don't think a chrome GB badge would suit that car at all. Personally I'd just have the three pointer, and a magnetic GB badge to be used as and when necessary.

As for plates I used fancyplates show plate maker after seeing some plates HMC had made up from them, on a 205 that got passed around a bit.

Set the font box to one of the UK pre2001 options that you like, there are two variations of the 'classic' font and a third of that curvier font you often saw on VWs. I got some for my Volvo in I think B, and they're nice things. They aren't BS marked but they have a free text field that goes to the bottom of the plate you could conveniently put a BS number in if you wanted extra arse covering, though the plates on my Volvo went through an MOT just fine, as did the similar ones I put on my* old A4 quattro a while ago. Fast decent service, a nice amount of customisation and not too expensive.

I know they don’t suit but neither does the numberplate really. But bloody idiocy at political level etc. E 320 has always been wonky, it’s a £2000 car that I’ve done 50,000 miles in. Not a show stopper.

I’ll look at fancy plates.

I've got a gb sticker on the back of the zx. Must have been a slow trip...

We had a non turbo diesel for 3 years and drove it all over including 500 miles to Ballatar, it always cruised just fine at 70 mph it just lacked a bit when it came to over taking.

When we got to Ballatar the snow came down and we spent the week using our friends Range Rover that he had driven up at vast cost, while we sipped our way up in the ZX. 

post-4787-0-15964800-1554353983_thumb.jpg

post-4787-0-44697500-1554353998_thumb.jpg