The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

And now it has an MOT. Really glad it's been saved by someone. Note slight VAG scene yo! changes - that's a different front grille and it looks a tad lower more stanced than when I had it!

A bit like the white Corsa, this looks like a 'theshadow' find that will live on...

post-20084-0-90297600-1511461972_thumb.jpg

Congratulations to the new lockup owners/renters. I've got the day off today and am going to look at one this morning. Myself and the girlfriend have two parking spaces and two cars, a new garage would add room for one more, and I'm currently hoping to buy two more cars in the next few days. Oh well, at least there's a Tesco just up the road with plenty of parking/long term storage.

Flexi was too flexi so got one off ebay cheep, set about chopping 2 rust bolt hanging to cat, then thought id just chop through with disc cutter... once chop and then no room at all, and thought oh pants as need to get it cut, spoke to future Fil and he has air saw , so drove it the most deafing mile to his house only broke 2 blades, only thing is replacement has straight join where on car its curved, hammered on and tested blows but im physically broken..

post-4824-0-28178700-1511544428_thumb.jpeg

post-4824-0-40195300-1511544465_thumb.jpeg

post-4824-0-74792700-1511544510_thumb.jpeg

post-4824-0-77964700-1511544531_thumb.jpg

post-4824-0-13476900-1511544550_thumb.jpg

^^ I just fucking hate working on exhausts, in general. I think the main thing I don't like is that you're constantly working against gravity while trying to join together some stupid bits of pipe that don't want to go together. Pattern parts for exhausts never seem to fit just quite right too.

^^ I just fucking hate working on exhausts, in general. I think the main thing I don't like is that you're constantly working against gravity while trying to join together some stupid bits of pipe that don't want to go together. Pattern parts for exhausts never seem to fit just quite right too.

You forgot the carbon & rust falling in your eyes every time you try to align anything.

Friend of mine maintains that he always leaves exhaust work to the guys who do it all day long, but if he doesn't have that option, his preferred method is to strafe the underside of the vehicle in question with a 50 caliber weapon to 'loosen things up first'...

Sent from my BV6000 using Tapatalk

After reading stuboy's experience, I've decided I'm not going to fit the new front exhaust section myself.

In fact I asked a local garage to quote (they'd deffo come in cheaper than the £350 Kwikshite quoted) but they advised me the front pipe and cat are separate sections (despite me giving them the exact MGR part number, and the replica Klarius part number)

I can't be arsed pointing out to them that the Streetshite is not a fucking ShittyRover, it's a 25/ZR.

Gonna get the guys at MG Mobile Mechanics in Derby to do it instead - at least they know their stuff

Cracking reliable engine - I'd say one of vx best . Bit noisy and inj pump electrics can just fail but thats Robert Bosch's fault .

Egr and inlet manifold gums up - mucky afternoon cleaning that out .

Poor starting esp when low on fuel and /or parked uphill can be leak off pipes / t pieces or injector seals . Officially a cam out job but you. Am so it without . About 60 quids worth of bits and 4 ish hours work at home .

Watch for the pedals moving when turning the steering wheel - bulkheads crack where the rack mounts and it's a bastard to repair esp with the big diesel lump in there .

Rest of the car is pretty good but arches rust and interior is pretty small / cramped .

I prefer the 9-5