The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

4 hours ago, Stanky said:

Let me know if you want to pop over and hook it up to my Delphi scanner? 

We could give that a go, won’t be free unitl mid February though, unless a weekday visit is possible. I also have a few bottle of home brew for you as well. Plum, Sloe and apple & blackberry.

Right, been having phone mischief again, kot to mention general business.

However, I've this to report now I'm back, 

One, V70 has a rattle in the aux belt, I think. I was going to rest it and use the 740 for daily purposes until I sort out until Mrs' Peugeot 307 went all French and both headlights failed at the same time at 6pm after work, leaving her to drive home on side lights or full beam. Not fun. 

So, she has the V70, rattles and all, I have the 740.

Here's me at a wedding fair I was piping at, with a rather tasty wedding Rolls. Taken by the very friendly Rolls owner.

He was very complimentary of my comparatively tatty 740.

Note: apparently we are upside-down and there's nothing I can do about it. 

20230122_152546.jpg

21 minutes ago, barefoot said:

How many Rextons are there on here now?

And do I need to get one?

Not enough and YES but ONLY a 290. 

And only if you want to run on veg oil. 

Anyone caught putting pump fuel in a 290 runs the risk of being force fed a half pound of blue aquarium gravel by the 290 owners coven. 

12 minutes ago, Jim Bell said:

Not enough and YES but ONLY a 290. 

And only if you want to run on veg oil. 

Anyone caught putting pump fuel in a 290 runs the risk of being force fed a half pound of blue aquarium gravel by the 290 owners coven. 

Do I get a pardon as I put the pump diesel I had bought for the 75 into the Rexton?

26 minutes ago, Cord Fourteener said:

Right, been having phone mischief again, kot to mention general business.

However, I've this to report now I'm back, 

One, V70 has a rattle in the aux belt, I think. I was going to rest it and use the 740 for daily purposes until I sort out until Mrs' Peugeot 307 went all French and both headlights failed at the same time at 6pm after work, leaving her to drive home on side lights or full beam. Not fun. 

So, she has the V70, rattles and all, I have the 740.

Here's me at a wedding fair I was piping at, with a rather tasty wedding Rolls. Taken by the very friendly Rolls owner.

He was very complimentary of my comparatively tatty 740.

Note: apparently we are upside-down and there's nothing I can do about it. 

20230122_152546.jpg

Impressive weights in yer Kilt there Laddie!!🤣

I wonder if the MOT system has been impacted by today's MS outage.  The car was booked for 10am and they're usually very prompt at recording the fail but as yet there's no update showing online. When a car passes they seem to wait until the end of the day to log that so I'm hopeful this could be the reason!

38 minutes ago, Split_Pin said:

I wonder if the MOT system has been impacted by today's MS outage.  The car was booked for 10am and they're usually very prompt at recording the fail but as yet there's no update showing online. When a car passes they seem to wait until the end of the day to log that so I'm hopeful this could be the reason!

Think the system is all over the place at the moment, I know they couldn't log them off on Monday so had to do them on contingency and print the certificate and update online later that afternoon

Looks like I'm going to Bridgwater at the weekend to view a car with my mate as he's after a fourth gen Civic, and I've had an eye out for him. It's going to be his first car, he's been driving for a while and wants one as a modern classic, he doesn't need a daily and it's going to live at his folks' place. 

Bridgwater, in Somerset. And it'll probably be a one day affair. 

Did I mention I'm currently in Fife?

16 minutes ago, Ghosty said:

Looks like I'm going to Bridgwater at the weekend to view a car with my mate as he's after a fourth gen Civic, and I've had an eye out for him. It's going to be his first car, he's been driving for a while and wants one as a modern classic, he doesn't need a daily and it's going to live at his folks' place. 

Bridgwater, in Somerset. And it'll probably be a one day affair. 

Good luck, that's one hell of a day trip.

1 hour ago, andyberg said:

Good luck, that's one hell of a day trip.

It's bad enough from Manchester, I'm glad I get a day's rest there after I come back from Fife tomorrow. I've done Bristol and back in a day in an MX5 and that was surprisingly doable but hard work. 

2 hours ago, Ghosty said:

What part of Fife?

'Fife M8'

Yeah but what bit?

'Fife!'

I get that, but where in Fife are you?, What town?

'About 8 miles from St.Andrews, 9kilometers northwest of Glenrothes but about 1 hour from Edinburgh'

Can i have a postcode?

'I'm in Fife M8'

etc etc etc 😉

5 minutes ago, Mrcento said:

What part of Fife?

'Fife M8'

Yeah but what bit?

'Fife!'

I get that, but where in Fife are you?, What town?

'About 8 miles from St.Andrews, 9kilometers northwest of Glenrothes but about 1 hour from Edinburgh'

Can i have a postcode?

'I'm in Fife M8'

etc etc etc 😉

CAR 
IS 
IN 

FIFE