The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

14 minutes ago, BorniteIdentity said:

We were all there once, man.  Don't worry about it.

Matte - Classy, flat finish but marks easily.

Silk - Shiny, cheap finish but will withstand nuclear warheads.

Eggshell - Good compromise.  

Then for wood: Oil based paints tend to last longer but need 16 hours to dry rather than 1.  As with anything, there's no right or wrong - just make the decision that's best for you.  Gloss is shiny, Eggshell is flatter.  

The best paint I bought came from a Leyland trade place.  It was about £50 for 5litres but was night and day compared with Dulux etc.  Fantastic shit.  

Personally, I've now given up using rollers.  They seem to take as much paint off as they put on.  I got so fucked off doing my hallway for the fourth time that I brushed the whole lot and it came out looking fantastic.  

Even typing this out has reminded me just how much i fucking hate decorating.  I've no patience see! 

Makes sense! 

I do need to buy some white to touch the coving up now you’ve mentioned it. I even used proper Frog tape but it still pulled paint off! I noticed every white painted surface - skirting, rads etc are all Matt white whereas I’m sure every house I’ve lived in before has been glossed. It’s neither here nor there personally but as you mention I guess longevity comes into it with gloss!

Leyland was what we used at the rented house we’ve just come from, 10l tub for £16 odd in Screwfix and I’m pretty sure you could paint a car with it. Great paint for the price.