The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

1 hour ago, stuboy said:

Today we spent 3 hours at a motorhome place with FiL looking at very nice motors and hes signed up for this beast ( see pictures ), but he's realised it needs a c1 on licence and he's turned 70 and not renewed it, so looks like I'll be driving it home for him in a few weeks, so coming up for sale very soon will be his old caravan (pictures to be took)

20221126_104442.jpg

20221126_110036.jpg

That's quite an expensive mistake! 

2 hours ago, stuboy said:

Today we spent 3 hours at a motorhome place with FiL looking at very nice motors and hes signed up for this beast ( see pictures ), but he's realised it needs a c1 on licence and he's turned 70 and not renewed it, so looks like I'll be driving it home for him in a few weeks, so coming up for sale very soon will be his old caravan (pictures to be took)

20221126_104442.jpg

20221126_110036.jpg

I try desperately not to Yuk at other people’s Yums, but I can’t help thinking about all of the hotel rooms I could enjoy with £60k - and they’d even wash the sheets afterwards.

That said, it’s a different freedom innit. Good luck to him. 

Amber went to one of these ‘Mind, Body, Spirit’ fairs today at a village hall near the coast with a couple of friends from her work. There was a Medium there so she decided to have a reading - Ambers always struggled with the loss of her mum and believes in all that kind of stuff (I believe in the afterlife, not mediums or Gypsies reading tea leaves though) 

Anyway, unfortunately nothing from her mum but something weird happened.. she’s adamant my dad came through. The few points to note were:

Medium says she’s got a gentleman trying to make contact who passed within the past few years (Dad died July 19)

She said he’s a chap who before he lost his hair, would have had dark hair, he’s stood looking her way smoking. (Before dad reached 50 odd, he had a head of dark hair) was also a very heavy smoker. 

She said he’s glad you got the mortgage - unless the Medium reads Autoshite, we’ve not posted it anywhere or told anyone but family. 

Now Amber hadn’t pre booked for the woman to do any research on her, she didn’t know the woman and we live about 50 mins from there so it’s not as though she could indirectly know her either. If it weren’t for the mortgage thing I’d just say that to be honest most of us would know someone who’s died in the last few years, pretty good chance of someone having dark hair, and back in the day most people smoked.

I don’t really know what to think. My old man loved Amber though so if there’s any reality in any of this, he’s definitely the type who’d make an appearance!

15 minutes ago, JJ0063 said:

Amber went to one of these ‘Mind, Body, Spirit’ fairs today at a village hall near the coast with a couple of friends from her work today. There was a Medium there so she decided to have a reading - Ambers always struggled with the loss of her mum and believes in all that kind of stuff (I believe in the afterlife, not mediums or Gypsies reading tea leaves though) 

Anyway, unfortunately nothing from her mum but something weird happened.. she’s adamant my dad came through. The few points to note were:

Medium says she’s got a gentleman trying to make contact who passed within the past few years (Dad died July 19)

He’s a chap who before he lost his hair, would have had dark hair, he’s stood looking her way smoking. (Before dad reached 50 odd, he had a head of dark hair) was also a very heavy smoker. 

She said he’s glad you got the mortgage - unless the Medium reads Autoshite, we’ve not posted it anywhere or told anyone but family. 

Now Amber hadn’t pre booked for the woman to do any research on her, she didn’t know the woman and we live about 50 mins from there so it’s not as though she could indirectly know her either. If it weren’t for the mortgage thing I’d just say that to be honest most of us would know someone who’s died in the last few years, pretty good chance of someone having dark hair, and back in the day most people smoked.

I don’t really know what to think. My old man loved Amber though so if there’s any reality in any of this, he’s definitely the type who’d make an appearance!

It's interesting that the medium specifically wasn't able to help your other half (despite her being the one who wanted answers) yet was wanted to talk to her about your father instead. I'd take that as a little sign that you're doing things right fella. 

2 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

I try desperately not to Yuk at other people’s Yums, but I can’t help thinking about all of the hotel rooms I could enjoy with £60k - and they’d even wash the sheets afterwards.

My thoughts too. Each to their own, however, and hopefully a residual value.

I did a collection yesterday. 

Got picked up by @Volksy and driven over to Stockport to pick up this from @DirtyDaily.

20221127_092534.thumb.jpg.3fcb597550c117270a3c81371cd4be6b.jpg

Its much nicer in the flesh than it looked in the photos in the advert. Its in really good condition for its miles as I was expecting it to have rusty wings like these often do but its in great condition. 

Drives really nice too. Loads of torque, which I enjoyed a few times on the way back. 

Very happy so far. 

As we left Tesco in Stockport, we saw this Porsche.

20221126_130251.thumb.jpg.baa24e16ec2cc58df86266998c6aab0c.jpg

Nowt too special in that, but for the fact he must live near me in Bradford. We followed him all the way home. 

Screenshot_20221126_144757_Gallery.thumb.jpg.f0445c3c5d9b945558cdc78272ba51bc.jpg

I genuinely think he was starting to get worried about these 2 old cars following him. When he eventually turned off about a mile away from my house, I could see him looking in his rear view mirror, probably looking to see if we were going to follow. 

There isn't much of anything down the road he went down either. I was wondering if he just went down there to drive in a circle to see if he needed to call the police.😂

We also saw this V7EC N YO! 

20221126_130318.thumb.jpg.2d5773cab27b753cdd64d11aa2364a33.jpg

And this absolute winner wagon. 

20221126_132712.thumb.jpg.71b16c64bc40c3654ceb60d2be59da5b.jpg

What a fucking beast. 

Volksy and I then went to the pub and then spent the night playing GTA Vice City, hence the delayed update. 

All in all a most enjoyable day. 

12 hours ago, BorniteIdentity said:

They may well wash the sheets, but the memory foam mattress remembers the 12 man bukkake scene filmed there