The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 minutes ago, bunglebus said:

Had to collect from a company literally under the QE2 bridge today 

20221114_100617.thumb.jpg.64145033bb12741d5f3af42e3405bf72.jpg

I was admiring the unusual view when the guy started telling me stories about half a dozen 6 foot fence panels sailing off a lorry and landing in their yard. I got back in my van and left sharpish...

Crossways?  Yeah.  It’s best not to have much imagination driving through there.  I used to do it every day when I was training in South Thamesmead.  One of my least favourite places.

20221114_115435.thumb.jpg.5f6cb768ed37d4576b0ef2e11f041006.jpg

Took this for final ride of the year yesterday.

Looks like it will be going next spring. My advancing years mean I seem to be getting cramp a lot when I first put my feet on the pegs. I am not taking up tantric yoga just to ride a bike.

Something more sensible beckons.

Day 1 working from home in our temporary accommodation.

Big slipper: ACTIVATED.

I bought this for Mrs Grogee as a joke a few years back as she always has cold feet. But actually it's AMAZING, I'm a total convert. It also has massage function which is doing my plantar fasciitis wonders.

Adverts for stretchy beige trousers, beaded seat covers and Panama hats gratefully received.

IMG_20221114_143714383.jpg

Mannol oil currently with a nice chunk off on Ebay so thought I'd get a few in to tide me over winter.

20221114_160357.thumb.jpg.04bb7555f156470d1c86bf266a77c2d2.jpg

£69 for 20 litres of 507 VAG juice for the Caddy.

£57 for 20 litres of generic low ash/sulpher for the Vectra.

A bit dearer than a few years ago when the 507 was £15 a tub and the C3 was £10 a tub, but like everything else it keeps going up in price.

56 minutes ago, alcyonecorporation said:

Does the 'finishing' sign refer to a battery 'finishing' its useful lifespan? 

LOL, no it's a handmade furniture workshop. 

Seller arrived with jump pack and led me to Halfords, has gone halves on a Yuasa battery with me. Winner, should be no trouble now. 

Mum going into hospital 7.30 in the morning for a cataract op. Dad driving her in my x1/9 which will certainly wake the neighbours! When I first had the car back in 2006 I picked my mum up from work in it at the same hospital.

just whatsapped as it’s her birthday. She says she now gets two lines of the national anthem ( when Charlie was just Prince he was only allowed one).

i had a laugh at the medical notes which says you can only drive when you can read a numberplate from 20.5metres.  Given that she can’t drive now…

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Picked this up for the mother. 53k. 

Got as far as a petrol station but unfortunately the battery is toast, but the seller is willing to assist. 

PXL_20221114_155033307.jpg

PXL_20221114_155356784.jpg

Winner! If that Aerodeck doesn't revive your mum to full health then give me a call. Stunning. How is she now?

7 hours ago, grogee said:

Day 1 working from home in our temporary accommodation.

Big slipper: ACTIVATED.

I bought this for Mrs Grogee as a joke a few years back as she always has cold feet. But actually it's AMAZING, I'm a total convert. It also has massage function which is doing my plantar fasciitis wonders.

Adverts for stretchy beige trousers, beaded seat covers and Panama hats gratefully received.

IMG_20221114_143714383.jpg

Those things are flipping ace, I ended up with one years ago when I had to use an 8x6 garden shed as an office all winter, if your feet are really warm the rest of the room can be ten degrees for all it matters. Used it every day 5 months a year for quite a few years, I wonder where it went? 

While were doing sexy leg/feet shots, I bought some Rab down insulated booties for "extreme wild camping up mountains when it's -10c in the snow" but I tried them on in the house to make sure they fit and they have immediately become the best £35 slippers ever.

827270596_2022-11-1422_42_39.thumb.jpg.9170ff66c8848185e5832aa5b99e12eb.jpg

Hopefully I won't knacker them before I need to use them when camping

5 hours ago, Ghosty said:

Picked this up for the mother. 53k. 

Got as far as a petrol station but unfortunately the battery is toast, but the seller is willing to assist. 

PXL_20221114_155033307.jpg

PXL_20221114_155356784.jpg

With the amazing chod you keep collecting on behalf of your mum I think she needs her own account on here! 

14 hours ago, High Jetter said:

Winner! If that Aerodeck doesn't revive your mum to full health then give me a call. Stunning. How is she now?

Aerodeck? It's a Civic lol. 

She's feeling better but not great, lot of complaint of headaches and general lethargy. Negative for Covid.