The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

On 10/19/2022 at 9:54 PM, jonathan_dyane said:

On holiday in US, unexpectedly the hire car is a (brand new, had 4 miles on) Dodge Charger. It's giving me bad thoughts about what a good car the Challenger must be...

IMG-20221019-WA0005.jpg

Having owned a couple, they're not bad cars. The 392 is fun (6.4, 475 horsepower).

Phil

1 hour ago, SiC said:

What's making you thinking of selling it? Sounds like the perfect car for the most part.

I have had it for four years. It is 18 years old - if it developed a major fault I doubt anybody would want to fix it.

Spotted a broken down car earlier. 

Except it was fresh from Copart with trade plates in the windows, writing on the windscreen etc 

Obvious accident damage to the OSF. The wheel had a bit of camber.

Think they had tried driving it and released "oh shit, it's not driving straight, the bottom arm must be bent.." 

When will people learn to just recover cars from Copart 🤣

1 hour ago, RoverFolkUs said:

Except it was fresh from Copart with trade plates in the windows, writing on the windscreen etc 

Think they had tried driving it and released "oh shit, it's not driving straight, the bottom arm must be bent.." 

hope its not rob and chris from salvage rebuilds... lol

Recently discovered this little Youtube channel, there's some rather good content.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MovingOurWorld

What's extra weird is that I only recently learned about the Humber 10 and couldn't find much about them and then up popped this video on the home page so now I know more about them.  And so do you if you've watched the video.  There's some really obscure things on the channel too, like this DKW F1 which is another car I knew nothing about.

The Youtube channel above introduced me to another new (to me) thing, the Lightburn Zeta.  I was going to stick it in the 'cars you just found existed' thread, or whatever it's called, and I can't find it so it's here instead.

743997638_LightburnZeta.thumb.jpg.648d2aa81ca8eb8ef2b61fa75ee78517.jpg

It's definitely a thing.  Amazingly they sold more than one.  People paid money to own one.  Obviously I want one too because look at it.  It'd be the perfect companion to a Shamrock for when you want something a little more compact for buzzing around town.

11 hours ago, vulgalour said:

The Youtube channel above introduced me to another new (to me) thing, the Lightburn Zeta.  I was going to stick it in the 'cars you just found existed' thread, or whatever it's called, and I can't find it so it's here instead.

743997638_LightburnZeta.thumb.jpg.648d2aa81ca8eb8ef2b61fa75ee78517.jpg

It's definitely a thing.  Amazingly they sold more than one.  People paid money to own one.  Obviously I want one too because look at it.  It'd be the perfect companion to a Shamrock for when you want something a little more compact for buzzing around town.

A love child of a MK1 Ford Transit and a Subaru Impreza.

20 hours ago, RoverFolkUs said:

When will people realise Copart is a fucking scrapyard. The cars there are all bollocksed, that’s why they are there! It’s not a place to get bargain. If you can’t afford a 3 year old Audi, stay at home, don’t invest your money into one that’s had a bang and sat in a puddle for six months thinking you can put it back on the road.

On 11/8/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ghosty said:

Rotor arm and dizzy cap needed a clean. It runs perfectly. 

No petrol station shot as it had a full tank. 

PXL_20221108_141910418.jpg

PXL_20221108_142516424.jpg

PXL_20221108_142600490.jpg

Beautiful.

My dad (a builder) had one as a second car when I was young that he bought from a rich client who wanted rid.

It was the 3l 24v in limousine extended wheelbase spec. 

It was sadly often broken due to electronic ignition issues, drank fuel like a battleship and handled like it too. We went on a driving tour holiday once that included some laps of Brands Hatch. The waft was immense.

My little one loves watching come outside… I love watching it because every time Aunty Mabel goes on a jolly there is some fantastic street furniture… in the episode about buses there’s a white Citroen XM which made me whoop out loud! I used vehicle smart on the buses in that episode and one of them is on SORN… it may survive! 

6 minutes ago, High Jetter said:

Seriously tho, would you go again?

Would love to get my licence. 

The instructor pointed out to me that I had done my first hour. I had control for a time and executed a right turn over the coast at Southport to take us back to Manchester.

It is expensive though.