The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

19 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

Surely there's not enough demand for Cedric bits in the UK to make it worthwhile breaking that?

3 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

What’s the deal with that then? I’m not sure if I’ve seen it before. 

1 hour ago, DVee8 said:

It belonged to Heidel_Kakao, who collected it from Finland.. Page 10

It looked like it was all going so well too :(. Presumably instead of being repaired it was subject to an insurance claim and ended up as salvage. Maybe the damage was worse than it looked. 

*edit* I've read up on the previous owner, hopefully things are working out for him now and he's making a good recovery. 

So this happened last night.

We had what felt like a mini typhoon come through the village,the rain was literally rushing sideways in the high wind.

This means we start finding leaks in the buildings as water gets pushed into areas it shouldn't be.

The storm had enough energy to lift the roof off the end of 1 of the barns,causing a mini collapse after most of the old beams and slats decided enough was enough.

It's a pain as we had planned on redoing the whole roof next year and don't have the funds or time to do it now,so a cheap bodge up will have to do.

FB_IMG_1662035992819.jpg

9 hours ago, andy18s said:

I'm guessing more houses are to be built  .

Screenshot_20220901-093323_Facebook.jpg

I read about that on Facebook and went into full "COUNCIL R CU*NTS" mode but a recent statement from the council suggests the museum was only there temporarily anyway, they were meant to go this year but have been given a years extension to find a new place. Undoubtedly many aircraft will end up scrapped as a result, sadly. 

Housing is the likely reason for the council wanting the land back, but I've also read a story about Richard Branson wanting somewhere to store his space ships. 

Oil change on the black 93, its been 6 months, how time flies.

In the sunshine I also noticed a bit of grot around the 75s front jacking point. I gave it a good stab with a screwdriver but all completely solid thankfully. I removed the pad and gave it a coat of primer, top coat to follow in a few days once its hardened.

20220901_183728.jpg

19 minutes ago, Sunny Jim said:

I wasn't aware of the original painting but thanks to image  search I now know about Alex Coville, cheers @Ghosty Autoshite broadens the mind!art-books_25_alex-colville-horse-and-train.thumb.jpg.4cafaaa3698f5da704d6b61bc6164fb6.jpg

https://www.aci-iac.ca/art-books/alex-colville/key-works/horse-and-train/

How the hell have you avoided this autoshite meme? It's like toothpaste on toast.

21 hours ago, dollywobbler said:

VOD686J

Date Scrapped: 2021-07-06

So not a recent thing. It'll be fragged unfortunately given it's at a big companies yard. Can't see any big company wanting the hassle or trouble of allowing anyone undoing that. 

I hate seeing viable cars going round the banger track but I mean I'd rather see it around a track if the only other thing is being cubed anyway.

5 minutes ago, MrGTI6 said:

Late one evening, I once made the mistake of stopping for a piss in the car park just round the corner from where you broke down.

All I'll say is there are some very strange people out there...

the picnic area was padlocked shut..

Went to the pub this evening, my Rover made a friend. Couldn't park directly next to it, because it was parked exactly as you'd expect a Rover to be, wonky and over the line. 

20220901_212858.jpg

11 hours ago, Bren said:

Boris telling us to buy a more efficient kettle.

My kettle is like government - inefficient and lined with scum.

Must be a tory donor with a fuck load of kettles to get rid of.

It’s just another example of Boris just saying something without thinking it through . You and I might say , “. Spend £20 to save £10? Mmm doesn’t sound right. I’d better not say that , I’ll look like a dick”. But not Boris. Or it could be his advisors having a last few laughs while they still can. 

My BX got its third clean MOT pass in a row today! I don't usually keep cars for three years and my cars don't often get passes without advisories! 2063118565_IMG_20210320_133735(2).thumb.jpg.2abada621cf99f7d0c0aff11b6ae647e.jpgThere's a few things I want to tidy up but then it will be for sale as I need the funds to put towards sailing trip across the Atlantic I've got coming up in December.