The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

While I'm sorting pics from my phone, have some taken on recent trip to the Emerald Isle:

Views of Clew Bay taken from (not very far up) Crogh Patrick, Ireland's Holy Mountain. It's764m (2,507ft) tall and yes, I have walked to the top (a distance of 7km where, incredibly, there is a church built in 1905.

1262255441_Mayo2.thumb.jpg.8dbd968283c5a4e260c2473492f3ecbb.jpg1179093863_Mayo3.thumb.jpg.373fcdd4f13f7abc33d5916116c467cd.jpg

I didn't realise, but the nearby Achill Island (which has an intersting history of its own) also boasts this:

91675297_Mayo1.thumb.jpg.c37d36bb6df6258769d6268ff137616e.jpg

Guinness was still good though.

31 minutes ago, Mr Pastry said:

Surely the wrong pads?    Can't recall the details now, but there are pads of that type that use the same backing plate but smaller area of friction material.

Agreed.  The pads pictured have the correct clips., pins etc, but I would try a new set (which are available) and see if they line up correctly with disc.

All Allegro discs are the same (and are also the same as the Maxi).  New ones are pretty much unobtanium now.  Agree with above that whilst initial thought was disc too small, clearance on caliper looks about right. 

3 hours ago, BeEP said:

Agreed.  The pads pictured have the correct clips., pins etc, but I would try a new set (which are available) and see if they line up correctly with disc.

All Allegro discs are the same (and are also the same as the Maxi).  New ones are pretty much unobtanium now.  Agree with above that whilst initial thought was disc too small, clearance on caliper looks about right. 

Ill have to measure the discs when im next down there. The pads i took of were trw gb535 which is the correct number. Cross refs to the apec number i have a fitting.  Ive ordered apecs in from our supplier and will see whats they look like. 

20220826_091851.thumb.jpg.ca4517b640fef9ec28da1cda34b086f2.jpg

20220826_085959.thumb.jpg.675c5df66d355bb1e51aa5d9bc0c8f38.jpg

1 hour ago, Andyrew said:

Ill have to measure the discs when im next down there. The pads i took of were trw gb535 which is the correct number. Cross refs to the apec number i have a fitting.  Ive ordered apecs in from our supplier and will see whats they look like. 

20220826_091851.thumb.jpg.ca4517b640fef9ec28da1cda34b086f2.jpg

20220826_085959.thumb.jpg.675c5df66d355bb1e51aa5d9bc0c8f38.jpg

Those 535's appear to have a bigger gap from the top of the lining to the locating pinhole than on yours. I reckon you'll find the new pads will solve your problem.

Just got back from the wirral after collectioning @DavidBs MR2.

I have to say I've driven a lot and owned a lot of these types of cars now, I've had a few Mk1 and mk2 mx5s and this is definatley more poised (from what I remember) 

The gearbox is so nice, handling is razor sharp and the engine is peppy. As with every 21 year old toyota all the electrics work and it just needs the air con sorting. It's been gassed but David said the fans aren't kicking in so maybe a fuse 

Bruce the bull dog enjoyed the drive home with the roof down 

20220826_161308.jpg

56 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

That's a late one.  Was it auto?  They carried on making the Clubman auto for a while after the Rover Metro came out IIRC.

15k miles on the clock according to the MOT history. Looking at the condition, it doesn't look like it's been around the clock. Also is an auto too according to DVLA. 

58 minutes ago, wuvvum said:

That's a late one.  Was it auto?  They carried on making the Clubman auto for a while after the Rover Metro came out IIRC.

Yea it’s an auto, i breifly chatted to the person on the collection leg/ future vendor. He wa a buying to flip it basically. Offers on 5k. OK thanks for that info 🤪👍

1 hour ago, wuvvum said:

Beat me to it; you do remember correctly!  Also mini wheels don't fit Metros without bodgery; either the centre hole in the wheel needs to be made quite significantly larger or the lugs on the hubs need grinding off which means you're relying only on the studs for location.

Daddy-daughter morning out at Silverlake. Mini needs a pair of front shocks for MoT and found an R50 with 2 very new looking dampers and springs

3DC4EE8E-945E-4BCB-A3A9-A035E10851D4.jpeg

Madam gets started stripping the offside. Defeated by 2 pinch bolts (one each side) that were too much even for my breaker bar.

A8F8E43D-66D9-4C80-9FBE-A0C0701B4B08.jpeg

Returning empty handed for now, going to borrow an uggadugga gun and go back together on Monday or Tuesday, but we had some good bonding time at least. And madam is wearing a “Cock Piss Partridge” t-shirt for bonus mirth