The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 hours ago, Justin Case said:

Good holiday the last couple of weeks 🙂 Highlight was visiting a delightful small town on the edge of Exmoor which boasted a proper traditional Subaru garage with not only an immaculate 55 reg Legacy for sale,  which I was tempted by, but a matching pair of red Daihatsu Sirions as courtesy cars (one even had a private plate the other was about 10 reg) This must be unique, I only wish I had my camera with me.  Any other courtesy cars to rival this?

Pics? No phone?

7 hours ago, paulplom said:

Spotted next to where I was working today. A lovely Jap sports car and some beige, shite kit car.

20220816_114126.jpg

20220816_114144.jpg

20220816_114132.jpg

A mini Bristol in my eyes. I remember seeing one at the NEC Classic show, reading the write up and being shocked at the price when new and how small it seemed. Panther lives on in other ways........ Robert Jankel

11 hours ago, Justin Case said:

Good holiday the last couple of weeks 🙂 Highlight was visiting a delightful small town on the edge of Exmoor which boasted a proper traditional Subaru garage with not only an immaculate 55 reg Legacy for sale,  which I was tempted by, but a matching pair of red Daihatsu Sirions as courtesy cars (one even had a private plate the other was about 10 reg) This must be unique, I only wish I had my camera with me.  Any other courtesy cars to rival this?

Was that GC Stanbury in Dulverton?

9 hours ago, Snake Charmer said:

A mini Bristol in my eyes. I remember seeing one at the NEC Classic show, reading the write up and being shocked at the price when new and how small it seemed. Panther lives on in other ways........ Robert Jankel

Good to see the company's still going in one form or another.  Although obviously that won't stop his son*, Ty Jankel, from trying to flog a replica of the Panther De Ville based on the Citroën Ami. 

Unexpected rust in the sill edge ended up being an easy and quick repair, even got it done before the thunderstorm arrived.  Got to wait for the thunderstorm to leave before I can put it all back together again. and then I think I'm MoT ready.

IMAG6476.thumb.jpg.6dc94ab5888f0d1a1dd76ccef7b0edc8.jpg

27 minutes ago, Jazoli said:

Fuck me Stu have a word with yourself, the stickers are fucking embarrassing, why the fuck would you have a joke about a vagina on your car? your kids get in that car don't they? poor bastards, Grow up man, its fucking tragic.

im saving up to get the bumpers paint soon as i can afford it so they only temporary

Finally got the Nissan sorted for going away cycling...... and just like that summers pretty much over. 

20220817_164040.thumb.jpg.30ae0f16b25a9d7aaccf8d034283ebc3.jpg

The whole thing has taken a lot longer and cost about twice as much as expected. Will get some time in over the next few weeks but not what I was planning.  

Might get a diesel heater for winter excursions to justify the cost. 

1 minute ago, Zelandeth said:

Assuming it's a diesel, that would be my guess.

Nein, the vehicle runs on petrol.

The general consensus is that the heavy rain I've driven through has given the engine bay a bit of a washing down and when I stopped on the driveway (which is inclined where the rainbow is), the water dripped off the undertrays/crossmemeber.

This is a tremendous 75, runs like a Swiss watch and is in great condition.

20220409_161056.thumb.jpg.5179f7573304e746e96c353ee87b6d29.jpg

But....

I've had 3 of them, all diesels and the noise is starting to annoy me. Someone I subscribe to on You Tube had just bought a V6 model and it sounds glorious. The way a 75 really should be. I have always felt that the diesel was only offered as an option because they kind of had to, to widen the appeal*.

I have also concluded that I prefer the looks of the MK1, obviously it's true to Richard Wooley's original sketches.

There is 0% chance I'm moving away from 75s, but I'm going to scout around for a V6 Connoisseur MK1 before reasonably sorted ones aren't £1500 any more. 

In the meantime I'll keep this one though, a remapped auto is probably the best setup for diesel.

11 hours ago, Justin Case said:

Indeed it was, well spotted :) Almost every other car in Dulverton is a Subaru, so it is good to see an independent garage thriving.

Subaru seem to be one of the few manufacturers that don’t require dealers to have large glass gin palaces. 
The dealers can therefore be smaller and more personal.

2 minutes ago, Fumbler said:

Nein, the vehicle runs on petrol.

The general consensus is that the heavy rain I've driven through has given the engine bay a bit of a washing down and when I stopped on the driveway (which is inclined where the rainbow is), the water dripped off the undertrays/crossmemeber.

Hmm, yeah in that case pooled oil being washed out of the under tray etc would make sense.

Worth taking a peek under there though just in case you've got an undetected leak.  Better finding it now than in the middle of nowhere.

Volvo Estate in goes to the tip shock! 

DD099F5E-1BFB-4BE7-9DA5-D7C41158B237.jpeg

Still waiting for Flintshire county council to sort my trailer permit for the tip (should take no more than two weeks… this is week 4) , so thought I’d make a start anyway. Volvo swallowed all the broken furniture with ease.

Meanwhile in more ‘Flintshire county council are a bit shit really’ news: Behold the high quality* repair done to the road outside my house…
F5AE4C77-3277-4F5A-8CE8-420837C5F0C4.jpeg
9D7BCA7B-8BD5-4A37-AECF-E8C1394F781E.jpeg

Yes for reference that is another pot hole next to a repair which they’ve obviously deemed not deep enough to fill… there are many more like it. Utter crap. 

Edit: maybe I should have put this in the grumpy thread…