The new news 24 thread

Father Ted

3 hours ago, Rust Collector said:

I think I made a bold claim a month or so ago that I wasn't going to buy any more cars.

spacer.png

Whoops.

Collection later this month, which gives me time to think up an explanation for my mrs... or to find a place to hide it.

Why is everyone doing estates better than beko :D

6 hours ago, wuvvum said:

That'd make sense - if there are two separate valves adjusted slightly differently it'd explain why one side was getting fluid through with the wheel off the ground and the other side wasn't.

Skandix do repair kits for them that aren't exorbitant:-

https://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/brakes/brake-regulator-system/repair-kit-brake-power-regulator/1029933/

2 hours ago, Dan29 said:

I've used council testing stations (Cardiff when I lived there, now Hounslow) for years as they have no reason not to be trustworthy, as they don't do repairs on private cars.

I've had friends use council ones but the problem they found was two fold. They were used to immaculate maintained council vehicles and they could be right jobsworths. Other issue is that if it needs any minor work, I'll get the garage to do it. E.g. split boots, bushes and the like. I'm budgeting £100 for getting it through the MOT and I'd rather not be doing that myself. Hassle then of getting it back especially with a Council test centre. 

Slight return of my old Corsa B to the driveway tonight, but just for a short while.

#bluetones

20220809_190612.thumb.jpg.ec32dd53592633a560f8a9e8c1f97b39.jpg20220809_190624.thumb.jpg.3c2833c2dcdda4225a4b3a54939dce41.jpg

Helping the owner with a foutery job on it that I had experience of from when I owned the car.

Great to see that it's still in excellent condition. I think the smaller wheels look better than the white ones I had on it.

15 hours ago, paulplom said:

Yeah, weigh you, do blood pressure, take blood, tell you you're over weight and drink too  much.

I had one at 40 too.

Lucky you. I’ve heard nothing for fifty years. Last went to the GP about a hernia five years ago ( first time since I was a child) , was referred to hospital and done. That’s it.

1 hour ago, Split_Pin said:

Slight return of my old Corsa B to the driveway tonight, but just for a short while.

#bluetones

20220809_190612.thumb.jpg.ec32dd53592633a560f8a9e8c1f97b39.jpg20220809_190624.thumb.jpg.3c2833c2dcdda4225a4b3a54939dce41.jpg

Helping the owner with a foutery job on it that I had experience of from when I owned the car.

Great to see that it's still in excellent condition. I think the smaller wheels look better than the white ones I had on it.

That's some pretty impressive after sales service.

2 hours ago, Wibble said:

Thank God for Autoshite. Currently staying at a Premier Inn in Linwood for a few nights with the family. You guys are my entertainment 😄

You have my sympathy.

Just along the road from there you can still see a very faded Talbot advert on the railway bridge. 

7 hours ago, Wibble said:

Thanks, I remember it when it was the Linwood car plant.

You can also still see the original Linwood Plant offices still in use today as the St James business centre. It's about 1/4 mile along the road frkm the bridge, towards the motorway. Stuff Robert The Bruce, Linwood has all of the heritage.

I took no2 son to get his provisional driving license photo this morning. We had a look in the local bomb site dealer, on the way passed.

What a load of shite, flat tyres that have been down for weeks judging by the moss, cobwebs covering door handles and wipers.

Oh this is going to be fun. 

I've mentioned this before, but my grandad had UK market 306 Sedan for many years, when he died in 2017, my uncle took it back to France and registered it on French plates.  Amazingly I was scrolling through my Instagram feed, and it had been spotted by 'cornishcarspotter' (this is completely at random, I don't follow the account) while on a trip over here.  Small world!

thumbnail.thumb.png.a8169c6f24d723e1b60fe859962b8bba.png

When in England 2017

P2190009.thumb.JPG.462f0b762c420da2c6d0f40ee8f0b860.JPG

10 hours ago, DVee8 said:

I took no2 son to get his provisional driving license photo this morning. We had a look in the local bomb site dealer, on the way passed.

What a load of shite, flat tyres that have been down for weeks judging by the moss, cobwebs covering door handles and wipers.

Oh this is going to be fun. 

Have you still got the first Fiat 500 ?